Good News Sports18 2, Sports18 3 Launching on 1st November

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess, they'll not launch HD sports channel anytime soon. Because, it'll waste of funds as they are already in talk to buy Star TV Network.
HD sports event will be telecasted on Cineplex HD, MTV Beats HD.

I guess, they'll not launch HD sports channel anytime soon. Because, it'll waste of funds as they are already in talk to buy Star TV Network.
HD sports event will be telecasted on Cineplex HD, MTV Beats HD.
Viacom18/RIL will not buy Star Network, but their financier Black stone along with Sun network can buy Star network without Sports properties/channels.

Last edited:
Star only cared about subscription money and now everything is over they are making hotstar stream it free but again with low quality they just can't compete JIO interms of freebies.
I think it will be added soon on pay tv platforms, already they aired India Vs Australia series on Colors Cineplex Superhits thereby giving both DD Free Dish & Pay TV Platform subscribers access to it hence not keeping the exclusivity to Pay TV Platforms.....This is a good strategy as instead of getting 75% share of revenue from Doordarshan for airing matches on terrestrial and DD Free Dish platform, they r directly airing it on their channel thereby attracting advertisers directly to their channel and gaining in revenue as Pay TV chs do score over DD in overall broadcast quality of sports events

There is no such risk of large number of people ditching their pay tv connection and shifting to DD Free Dish as a result of sports broadcasters following above strategy rather it will help expand their revenues....Star Sports should have implemented same for the ongoing ICC Cricket World Cup by launching Star Sports First on DD Free Dish platform and even air select IPL matches on it. People will upgrade to Pay TV Platforms for various other reasons if content aired on channels is good, broadcasters should focus on this aspect.

Already we have seen that in OTT space Free Viewing has help enable expand reach and revenue via ads by huge margin for various OTT platforms

Viacom needs a English movie channel to compete with Star and Sony Zee. They need to keep the Warner Bros, Universal and Paramount library to themselves.
Yes! They have 2 English GEC which I feel is unnecessary. Both the channels have limited content library and can easily be merged to accomodate shows from both the channels. Should rebrand one of Colors infinity or Comedy Central to English Movie channel

Viacom needs a English movie channel to compete with Star and Sony Zee. They need to keep the Warner Bros, Universal and Paramount library to themselves.

Yes dada but just one correction Warner Bros library most likely will be split between various broadcasters.... Paramount Pictures too likely to have deals with multiple broadcasters while as far as Universal Pictures is concerned already since last 8 or 9 months their hindi dubbed movies r not to be seen on any channel and just soms original English Version films do get aired on Times Network English Movie Channels which again have very cordial relationship with Viacom18.....i sense that Viacom18 will launch a Hindi Dubbed Hollywood Movie Channel very soon which shall exclusively air movies from Universal Pictures library while i also do anticipate them launching a Retro Bollywood Movie Channel and Colors Cineplex Bollywood HD soon.

Now that Colors Cineplex HD is airing less of critically acclaimed / offbeat bollywood movies so maybe they will launch new channel for this genre too

English Movie channel might also be on the cards or maybe they will partner with Times Network itself for both English and Hindi Dubbed Hollywood Movie Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock