DDF Exclusive Star Gold 2 launched & Star Gold Revamped

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 98
  • Views: Views 50,320
I feel the same as channel not performing well now. Star is quick in making such decisions.

UTV- Star Gold 3/HD
SUM- Star gold Classic
UA- Star Gold Action

UTV Action will be revamped into a neutral hollywood dubbed cinema channel hence will not have any genre centric name, more like Movieplex or something local will be brought about. Lot of family, kids, romantic stuff will be added to line up

Well, it is right thing to do. By the way chs r free to use English as additional option too but native language usage in graphics is mandatory. Still hindi music chs do not display info in hindi and i really feel unhappy about this, already many young people do not understand , speak hindi and writing in hindi is becoming even more difficult for them

I agree that they have tried to follow Star Gold Select here rather than Sony Max/Zee Cinema. It is a more flat and restrained look.

Presentation / Graphics r quite good, whenever something new happens it takes time to actually soak it in. I knew that they will adopt Star Gold Select type look as now they r trying to bring multiplex strategy to mainstream, both chs feel air popular cinema and some offbeat content simultaneously and give us option to chose. Bollywood content will get more space, colors r very vibrant and music is mix of catchy + distinct feel

Since Star Gold 2 (SD channel) is in the HD pack, it means that the status of Star Gold 2 HD is currently unknown. Otherwise the new TRAI tariff in March may persuade Star to include Star Gold 2 HD in the HD packs.

bcoz this is current RIO and just mentions new name of Movies Ok, new changes will have Star Gold 2 HD and all operators will have it bcoz new agreement will be signed and cannot be escaped

As we all know Movies ok Revamp to Star Gold 2 as these was under Star Network and it's name as Movies Ok title would be bit complicated as it's does not promote Star Network and there must be common things between same channels of network but Star will not interfare with Disney's Kids channels but Movies channels like UTV Action would be change to a star channels now some of thing our quite common between UTV Action and Star Gold but they may also Revamp because no one believe it's an Star channel but they must not doo it As UTV has its own Standard in Market and UTV Network gives hit movies to this industry and their channel give Awesome Premiere but now current situation on UTV Channels to promote Star Gold which intrupts its importance and at last enjoy this meme and comment you opinions
NPanI6K.jpg

How does getting rid of UTV brand which doesn't add any value in 2020 puts Disney's channels at risk?

How does getting rid of UTV brand which doesn't add any value in 2020 puts Disney's channels at risk?
Disney even stopped Indian production under UTV Motion Pictures, long before they plan to acquire Fox. Currently UTV brand is used only for Censor Certification the same way BV International is used. I too agree with you, UTV brand which itself is not adding anything to star's image now . And Star channels are indeed are Disney Channels now. I don't get how Disney's are channels at risk?

I guess they can rebrand to Freeform, a new brand Disney launched in 2015 or so and make them premium movie channels with no ads. But I don't guess Indian Market is in the premium market curve where subs cost you more. HBO also exited India in GEC because of this only. May be in 5 - 10 years it may happen.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock