Star India inks content deal with HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
rdwcvXi.jpg

The deal comes to an end after 7 years.
This is gonna affect their userbase and also lot of people won't be ready to pay for HBO MAX.

There is no HBO Max. I am 99% sure all the shows are going to Amazon Prime.
I hope they're not launching it as prime channel. My primary concern is I don't wanna pay extra now. If it comes within prime, that's good.

Majority of people will shift to torrent if they start charging extra from prime channel.

I hope they're not launching it as prime channel. My primary concern is I don't wanna pay extra now. If it comes within prime, that's good.

Majority of people will shift to torrent if they start charging extra from prime channel.
Not as some channels. Expecting it directly on Prime. Otherwise it's a deal breaker.

Pretty sure if that's the case then Amazon Prime will raise the price for their subscription.
It's already raised. Before it was ₹999. Now it's ₹1499 which is too much for their existing content. Also Prime Channels are sold by OTT platforms on Amazon Prime. So Amazon doesn't have a say here.

HBO max will launch in India as Standalone OTT platform?? Can we expect??

It's Standalone OTT, Merge with Warner Bros Discovery's soon shutting down OTT Discovery + India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock