Discussion Star Kirano | Upcoming Odia Language GEC from Star & Disney's India

I’m astonished and extremely happy to see that Star is entering the Odia market. Whether it will acquire Tarang and rebrand it remains to be seen, or it may be a new channel. In any case, hope that Odia finally gets HD channels. :smile2: Zee Sarthak HD was rumoured but never launched.
Yes and but odia will be first market as it is big of other small masrkets.
Star Utkal would have been a better name.

But Star Kirano is also not that bad.

BTW it should be Star Kirana and not Star Kirano
Interestingly, the logo wordmark is the older one used by Star Jalsha and Pravah, not the newer one used by Star Plus, Maa and Suvarna.

Last edited:
I think Kirana will not survive for long
Will b shutdown within 5 years

I think Kirana will not survive for long
Will b shutdown within 5 years

Unless they promote it heavily and with Original Content. And yes a good movie library.

BTW - This application was made today by Star.

WOW, Haven't Expected it but I'm happy that they're expanding their Network Portfolio. Many People in Forum said they will not enter smaller market but Finally it's Happening. The Logo is a mix StarJalsha & has a little yellow element, maybe borrowed from StarPravah.
@veer32564 @Rajpatil98 @mani_music
Will it be a new channel or rebranded channel of some other?

I’m astonished and extremely happy to see that Star is entering the Odia market. Whether it will acquire Tarang and rebrand it remains to be seen, or it may be a new channel. In any case, hope that Odia finally gets HD channels. :smile2: Zee Sarthak HD was rumoured but never launched.

Interestingly, the logo wordmark is the older one used by Star Jalsha and Pravah, not the newer one used by Star Plus, Maa and Suvarna.
Mostly new channel ....if it was rebrand of tarang then it would have been named as star tarang

5Sw6XS5.jpg

Star Kirano,will be first odia channel from Disney star.
So Starting with My Main Account named KAR has been banned for 1 Month & the reason is I had tagged members unnecessary.
So this Account will be my Secondary Account & I will use this till KAR ban period gets over.

Now I like to share my Opinion About StarKirano:-
Since Few Days Veer,Mani,Raj & me were discussing the possibility of Star entering Odia Market either through acquisition or Starting A Fresh Journey All Together.
Star, choose the second way considering they're not in a position to make any type of acquisition, & Disney is also one of the key reasons for same.
From Business Point Of View they have choose the bad way to enter a market but considering the market is not Huge but is at a Growing Stage They choose a economical way to enter odia market. It also gives up hope that in coming future Star may enter more smaller markets like Gujarati, Punjabi , Assamese , Bhojpuri. Coming to The Logo it has elements from Jalsha & has little component of Yellow borrowed From Pravah & they have used old WordMark of Star. I can say this channel will have little bit similarities with Pravah & Jalsha.

Last edited:
But it should've been called Star Utkal. As there's no channel called Utkal in Odisha TV space. And Utkal is another name for Odisha.
But star never make channel by naming it with particular state name or regional language name like zee nd viacom did it in every regional space like zee marathi, colors kannada etc
Star always prefer unique word from that particular regional language like pravah, jalsha(as this are the only original channels of star all others are acquired channels nd now star kirano will be third original regional channel by star)

So Starting with My Main Account named KAR has been banned for 1 Month & the reason is I had tagged members unnecessary.
So this Account will be my Secondary Account & I will use this till KAR ban period gets over.

Now I like to share my Opinion About StarKirano:-
Since Few Days Veer,Mani,Raj & me were discussing the possibility of Star entering Odia Market either through acquisition or Starting A Fresh Journey All Together.
Star, choose the second way considering they're not in a position to make any type of acquisition, & Disney is also one of the key reasons for same.
From Business Point Of View they have choose the bad way to enter a market but considering the market is not Huge but is at a Growing Stage They choose a economical way to enter odia market. It also gives up hope that in coming future Star may enter more smaller markets like Gujarati, Punjabi , Assamese , Bhojpuri. Coming to The Logo it has elements from Jalsha & has little component of Yellow borrowed From Pravah & they have used old Star WordMark of Star. I can say this channel will have little bit similarities with Pravah & Jalsha.
It have similarities with jalsha nd pravah as it will be third original channel by star after pravah nd jalsha whereas all other are acquired channels from different networks

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock