Breaking Star launches festive offer by reducing Many Channels Prices

Well niche chs already cost quite less atleast in bouquet and catering to select base which has money to buy channels together.

As i said they r testing this reduced pricing option on mass consumed channels, if this goes well then later even niche chs will be brought under the ambit with aim to expand their coverage base.
Pricing is fair. Timing couldn't be more wrong. This same pricing should've been their since beginning and slowly should have increased when customers gets use to new regime. Those who had to move away. Moved away to other channels and digital. They ain't coming back.

Pricing is fair. Timing couldn't be more wrong. This same pricing should've been their since beginning and slowly should have increased when customers gets use to new regime. Those who had to move away. Moved away to other channels and digital. They ain't coming back.

Well nothing is permanent. Those who have moved away will come back as soon as they find TV option better again. Also timing is fine for testing the effects of reduced price as in festive season TV consumption sees upward trend.

They should have had affordable prices from beginning but as i have said they were not in favour of it thinking it will impact reach and revenue. In meetings with TRAI this test run must have been planned. Do not worry auto correction will happen for prices, content and other things related to operators too

Last edited:
From this festive offer of 12 channels price reduced .. 3 channels Launched since last 4 months buy still not available on any DTHs or MSOs.. so what kind of offer is this :undecided: Don't know from which Sat NG Telugu,Tamil is being run by star even no sat trackers got them :lol: A poor offer by Star :dodgy2: better if they've given 2-3 Value Bouquets at Rs.10/12 discount price.

So no discounts for HD Channels. Right??? for both Star & Zee?
But this reduction is less purposeful. Most of the channels we want are available in Value packs. Nobody require other regional language channels as ala carte. Only Star Plus, Hungama rates I found useful. They should reduce the rates of bouquets.
Yes, it is. But I meant that this festive offer over only on ala carte will not reflect much on our pocket.
From this festive offer of 12 channels price reduced .. 3 channels Launched since last 4 months buy still not available on any DTHs or MSOs.. so what kind of offer is this :undecided: Don't know from which Sat NG Telugu,Tamil is being run by star even no sat trackers got them :lol: A poor offer by Star :dodgy2: better if they've given 2-3 Value Bouquets at Rs.10/12 discount price.
Last Night I have raised the Same Issues👇
SS1 Marathi/NGC Tamil/NGC Telugu >>> Where & under Which DPO these 3 Channels are Available and Who watches?

HD Subscribers which are now in Huge & Large Quantity again Smell the Dust in accordance or in compliance of Star (the So Called No.1 Broadcaster in India!!!)

How can Star ignores HD Subscribers ? On stand alone basis the HD Subscribers & Offerings are Increasing Day by Day and Specially Subscribers are opting to watch Sports in HD.
The ALC price of UTV HD should be reduced now.
Also this Festive Offer for those Channels which never added by any DPO is just Rediculous in whole nature. Even Many Sat Trackers have no Details about the Down link Parameters of those 3 above mentioned newly available Star Channels.

Instead of this stupidity from Star - They can force Every DPO to add Star Value Pack with all UTV Channels asap and reduce All Bouquet Price Starting from Rs.4/-(Lowest Pack) to Rs.15/-(Highest Pack) not for only as Festive Offers but for wholesome Business Strategy.

To Sum Up - I am sorry to say but these Offerings are Completely Eye Wash in terms of every manner.

Last edited:
Last Night I have raised the Same Issues👇

How can Star ignores HD Subscribers ? On stand alone basis the HD Subscribers & Offerings are Increasing Day by Day and Specially Subscribers are opting to watch Sports in HD.
The ALC price of UTV HD should be reduced now.
Also this Festive Offer for those Channels which never added by any DPO is just Rediculous in whole nature. Even Many Sat Trackers have no Details about the Down link Parameters of those 3 above mentioned newly available Star Channels.

Instead of this stupidity from Star - They can force Every DPO to add Star Value Pack with all UTV Channels asap and reduce All Bouquet Price Starting from Rs.4/-(Lowest Pack) to Rs.15/-(Highest Pack) not for only as Festive Offers but for wholesome Business Strategy.

To Sum Up - I am sorry to say but these Offerings are Completely Eye Wash in terms of every manner.
Star should introduce 'pure' SD and HD packs, without mixing genre or language, and preferably small packs.
e.g. a)NGC HD+ NGC Wild HD+ FoxLife HD pack.
b) SS1 HD+ SS2 HD+ SSS1 HD+ SSS2 HD

Star should introduce 'pure' SD and HD packs, without mixing genre or language, and preferably small packs.
e.g. a)NGC HD+ NGC Wild HD+ FoxLife HD pack.
b) SS1 HD+ SS2 HD+ SSS1 HD+ SSS2 HD
Definitely it won't happen. As they had spend a huge money in Sports, they want maximum reach for their sports channels. So packs with seperate sports and others will be less probable.
Anyway they can have a sports only bouquet. But not expecting regional bouquets without sports channels.

Last edited:
Well nothing is permanent. Those who have moved away will come back as soon as they find TV option better again. Also timing is fine for testing the effects of reduced price as in festive season TV consumption sees upward trend.

They should have had affordable prices from beginning but as i have said they were not in favour of it thinking it will impact reach and revenue. In meetings with TRAI this test run must have been planned. Do not worry auto correction will happen for prices, content and other things related to operators too
Not true. Channels, especially GEC, are a matter of habit. If I can live without seeing the programs on Star Plus for 2 months, I can live for 10 years also. Because in those two months, I have developed new habits of watching new programs on rival channels. It's like a girlfriend dumping a guy, who then finds a new girlfriend. Now, if the first girlfriend tries to attract the fellow again, it may not work as she expects.
I'll give an example of my parents, who used to watch Asianet and Surya. Ever since the NTO was rolled out, I cut Asianet and Surya (and all channels priced above Rs 8 per month).
Now they are very happy watching Manorama, Zee Malayalam and Flowers (Flowers too may have to be cut soon). Nobody misses Asianet and Surya.

Btw, when I cut the channels, they asked why the channels were not coming, and I said, if you want those channels, we'll have to spend a lot of money extra, and they were quite supportive.

PS: I'll think about adding Asianet if they price the channel at 6 rupees or below. Otherwise, it's simply not worth it. Nothing special in it.
PS2: I've added Surya because Sun has started giving a pack of 4 or 5 channels for around Rs 20, which includes Surya. But Rs 50 for Malayalam value pack is too much, given that the only channels that we used to watch in that value pack is Asianet, Asianet Plus etc. Even if Star gives all their channels for Rs 50, it's not viable for me, because my parents don't watch any other Star channel, and I don't see why I would pay Rs 50 for 2-3 channels.

Last edited:
star should reduce ss1, sss1, disney, star jalsa others most watches premium content channels for increasing more viewers, that channels should be around MRP Rs10

Great work team for editing my first post with our Own article link :kiss2: Now Its looking More informative :tup: Thanks.

Press release by Star :tup:
9UuqQ73.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock