Breaking Star Network will be launching 15 Channels and shutting down 10 channels

I would rather have Star Gold Comedy than Star Gold Romance. Indians love to watch more comedy movies than romantic movies. It's kind of shameful that we got so many niche, action movie channels. But not one single comedy movie channels. Just see the interaction on YouTube page on channels like Shemaroo Comedy. Even OTT platforms provide random comedy bits and episodes.

But star/disney already airs comedy movies across its channels so separate channel ain't much required. It is genres less explored which need segmented approach or they can have all genre specific chs which is unlikely. OTT, Youtube along with viewer feedback like i provide has played big role in star/disney redrawing content strategy and proving succesful as a hindi movie network

I would rather have Star Gold Comedy than Star Gold Romance. Indians love to watch more comedy movies than romantic movies. It's kind of shameful that we got so many niche, action movie channels. But not one single comedy movie channels. Just see the interaction on YouTube page on channels like Shemaroo Comedy. Even OTT platforms provide random comedy bits and episodes.
But star/disney already airs comedy movies across its channels so separate channel ain't much required. It is genres less explored which need segmented approach or they can have all genre specific chs which is unlikely. OTT, Youtube along with viewer feedback like i provide has played big role in star/disney redrawing content strategy and proving succesful as a hindi movie network
It’s odd that Star Utsav Movies was supposed to rebrand to Star Gold Family, as the new MIB permitted channels list reflected this change. However it seems that rural viewers on DDFD are accustomed to the Utsav brand, and so Star has decided to let it drop for the time being. Do you think this rebrand would be a sensible decision?

They already have genre specific channels and have plans for same in the future. I can see people being confused with a name like Star Gold Thrills. And how romantic do you think conservative Indians are that they need a romantic movie channel?

Fact is they are here to explore a different genre for the sake of it. They are unleashing their creativity by converting Star Sports 1 Bangla to Jalsha Josh. Mix of movies and sports which is amazing. But going for Thrills instead of Action will confuse audience. Romance is completely unwanted when we can have a Comedy movie channel.

Last edited:
It’s odd that Star Utsav Movies was supposed to rebrand to Star Gold Family, as the new MIB permitted channels list reflected this change. However it seems that rural viewers on DDFD are accustomed to the Utsav brand, and so Star has decided to let it drop for the time being. Do you think this rebrand would be a sensible decision?
Rebranding would be a sensible situation. Rebranded channels are in talks. No audience is glued to a brand. Everybody loves something fresh. If Movies OK becomes Star Gold 2. Everybody will be to curious to see what fresh. IMO operators like Colors and Star should use beautiful names like Utsav and Rishtey brand for premium channels. Instead of rerun names. Sony Pal is a perfect name. It reminds us of that time when we watched our favourite shows.

Any news about Star Gold 2 HD, Star Gold Thrill/Romance.... Just 1 week left for December but i do not see any promos yet.
Regarding Star Gold 2 HD - it already started "Test Transmission" on C-Band with Different Movie Schedule apart from Star Gold 2 SD. But Star/Disney yet to Give Distribution Signal to all MSO and DTH with other DPO to carry Star Gold 2 HD on their respective Platforms.
May be this is the case like of SS1 Marathi where just Star / Disney Officials and Staff Members are able to view the Channel.

In New RIO it mentioned to Go On-Air officially from Dec 1 but seems the New RIO of NTO 2.0 is under Revision Process offerred by Trai where Star/Disney may change the whole Scenario again. And that's why the Rebranding of Certain Star Channels Shelved. Only "Super Hungama" gets Airtime from Dec 11.

UTV action not showing the schedule from 1 Dec
Let see what happens
As of now - No Signal given by Star/Disney for Rebranding certain Channels which planned for Dec 1.
May be the plan Stalled till Dec 31 where under Reference of TRAI - Star/Disney will again Revise their RIO with New Price.
I think only channel name will be changes content will will be the same or may be mix content of Hollywood and South dubbed.
Actually Yes. But after all its a No.1 Broadcaster of India. We can't Comment of their Programing Strategy for future. But again it's obvious that apart from Logo Change the Program Content of the Rebranded (if happens) Channels will be interesting.
💯% agreed with You @dino29 Bhai. It's not necessary to Rebrand a Channel with Specific Genre or Name. It will always Create certain Restrictions towards the Channel for Scheduling it's Program Content. Take the example of Sports Cluster of Star / Disney where naming a Channel under "Cricket" "Football" creates unnecessary Mess for the Broadcaster when 2-3 Matches of Same Segment clashed for Telecast.
So better not to Give any Specific Generic Brand Name which in future will Create unnecessary Restrictions on the Channel and Broadcaster to run the Entity smoothly.
Instead of giving a name of "Star Utsav Movies" - Star / Disney should focus on its Movie Cluster under "Star Gold Brand" with naming of Screen 1,2,3.
For example:-
Star Gold = Star Gold 1
Already Star Gold 2 exists - So
UTV Movies = Star Gold 3
UTV Action = Star Gold 4

And for the "Star Utsav Movies" it should get Rebranded as of "Star Classic" like of Zee Classic where it will focus more on Classic Titles from 1960 to 1999 which already Acquired and to be Acquired in Future by Star / Disney. And then Subscribers will get parallel Choices for Classics from All Biggies (Star/Zee/Sony).

-----------------------------------
As of 29th November 01:43 pm - No Intimation or Notification of Launching New Channels or Rebranding the Existing Star/Disney Channels have passed on (Where I am in Contact with 2 Leading MSO of Kolkata).
Star/Disney may be Eyeing on Tommorows Hearing which Scheduled on 30th Nov to proceed further.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock