Star Plus to launch adaptation of Israeli show ‘Prisoners of War’ in Oct

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Hindi GEC Star Plus has teamed up with Indian film producer, director and screenwriter Nikhil Advani to launch the Indian adaptation of Israeli drama series ‘Prisoners of War’.

The fiction series has been created around the 1999 Kargil War between India and Pakistan.
The show, co-powered by Tiago from Tata Motors, will launch in October.

Titled ‘P.O.W. – Bandi Yuddh Ke’, the finite series is a high-octane family drama with a thriller backdrop. It will run on the channel for five months. It is based on a Series by Keshet Broadcasting called ‘Prisoners of War’, directed by Gideon Raff and licensed by Keshet International.

The show is based on the lives of two couples, Harleen–Sartaj and Nazneen–Imaan, and the aftermath of the return of the war heroes after 17 years.

Two Indian POWs are rescued from the Indo–Pak border after they escape a Pakistani prison. Sartaj and Imaan, who were declared missing in action (MIA) after the Kargil War ended in 1999, return home after being 17 years in captivity.

They work to overcome the trauma of torture and captivity while settling back into their interrupted family lives.

The cast includes Purab Kohli, Sandhya Mridul, Amrita Puri, Satyadeep Misra and Manish Chaudhari.

“Patriotism has been a subject very close to my heart and each of my project, be it ‘D-Day’, ‘Airlift’ now ‘P.O.W.’. With this show, I would like to bring the untold journey of the prisoners of war who are not captive in chains but in hopes in their every moment. The story of the war begins with the return of the heroes back home. ‘P.O.W.’ is not just a story of Harleen, Nazneen, Sartaj, or Imaan—it is a story of family, emotions, sacrifices and patriotism. It is the story of India that provokes the question ‘Who are the real prisoners of war?” Advani said.

Star Plus to launch adaptation of Israeli show ‘Prisoners of War’ in Oct | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock