Breaking Star to launch FTA sports channel star sports first on 21 July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
DTH Availablity: Dish TV, DD Free Dish. Other DTH no news.

So what will be the programmes on SS First?

The broadcaster is giving final touches to its content plan which will be completed in a week’s time. “There will be a lot of local content on the channel. However, this will be primarily professional sports content across disciplines,” the source added

i think its very smart move from star....they were sharing india cricket matchs with dd as it was mandatory and had advert sharing of 70%-30% now they will show live indias impt matches on star first and take full 100% advert revenue.

A sports war may just be brewing between India’s pubcaster Prasar Bharati and private sector TV channels. Close on the heels of Doordarshan announcing its intentions to start sports leagues involving indigenous sports for viewers of FTA channels, Star India said it would launch a FTA sports channel Star Sports First showcasing non-cricket games with emphasis on school-level sports.

What’s more, though Star’s FTA Star Sports First could be made available to all distribution platforms, it would debut on DD FreeDish, a satellite-based TV platform comprising mostly FTA channels belonging to the pubcaster and those from private sector media companies

“Our FTA channel’s aim would be to highlight indigenous sports like kabaddi and also games like hockey with extra emphasis on school-level sports,” Star India MD Sanjay Gupta said, adding sports is an under-exploited sector in India and advertisers have shown interest in such a FTA offering.

Star to focus on school-level games via FTA sports channel

Expected logo of star sports first

Give your reviews :tup

Bro,
Please upload image in imgur bro.. This site is blocked in websense of my laptop by my office :(

Reactions: Omi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock