Star World HD pic quality

Re: RE: Star World HD pic quality

dipayan said:
You are getting everything poor. Call CC for technician visit. I get signal strength 90 signal quality almost 100 signal level around 230 - 240. May be that is why you are getting bad quality A/V

Mee tooooo

dipayan said:
You are getting everything poor. Call CC for technician visit. I get signal strength 90 signal quality almost 100 signal level around 230 - 240. May be that is why you are getting bad quality A/V

today the signal strength & quality are hovering around 50..signal level around 140..

Strangely the signal strength & quality are lesser in other tv ( multi tv connection )..around 40..signal level is 108!!

I am planning to call technician for better setup of dish..however, why is that signal levels and other parameters are so different in both STBs, from same dish?

Because the cables are connected to different ports on the LNB of your dish. The signal may vary from port to port of the LNB. For someone using a DVR with two cables connected to the STB, the signal can vary for the two cables / ports for the same TP. Also if you are checking signal level / quality on different TPs, it will be different based on signal level from the satellite.

jdrocks said:
Because the cables are connected to different ports on the LNB of your dish. The signal may vary from port to port of the LNB. For someone using a DVR with two cables connected to the STB, the signal can vary for the two cables / ports for the same TP. Also if you are checking signal level / quality on different TPs, it will be different based on signal level from the satellite.

But these signal qualities I am getting are very low, right? I remember the technician who came for installation telling me that 60 signal quality/strength is sufficient enough...I should not be settling for figures less than which values in Vadodara??

pochisur said:
But these signal qualities I am getting are very low, right? I remember the technician who came for installation telling me that 60 signal quality/strength is sufficient enough...I should not be settling for figures less than which values in Vadodara??

Not sure what would be the minimum requirement but it does appear low when most of us are getting above 80. You need to check whether you are getting the pixellisation in other channels as well. In any case better call CC and get the tech to align the dish for best signal values.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock