Sad News Star world may shut down in future

If chs do not reinvent with time then this will b the result. I can list out host of things done wrong as done before too and it is not NTO or Covid which is to blame for shutdown
Did Star World Premiere successful reinvent itself? Why isn't that HD channel with no advertising revenue still on air?

There is very less chance of termination of English GEC from an established networks of India. They get content for low cost and makes profit. Why would they give up ? .
Also however big OTT may be it won't help. Because India is still in traditional TV viewers phase.

Note that Star shut down FX and FX HD in 2017.
Also however big OTT may be it won't help. Because India is still in traditional TV viewers phase.
Don't agree as far as English GECs are concerned. There is almost no English show in India which is not on OTT.

Last edited:
Note that Star shut down FX and FX HD in 2017.
Note that FX and FX HD weren't flagship channel. It was mostly a re-run channel until 2015 where it rebranded and got fresh line-up. It was getting better after that but Star India closed a good channel to take give back international football to poor people with SD tv which they took away couple of months prior and made international football only accessible via HD select channel.
Don't agree as far as English GECs are concerned. There is almost no English show in India which is not on OTT.
It still has potential. Family audience like our still watches tv despite of OTT. I am pretty sure many others do to. And it's India not Singapore. Most people doesn't have broadband here. You can't rely on OTT here with mobile internet. Meanwhile also OTT cost more money than tv.

And I am pretty sure Disney wouldn't want Marvel Agents of Sheild off tv when DC is dominating other English GEC like on Colors Infinity and Zee Cafe.

Did Star World Premiere successful reinvent itself? Why isn't that HD channel with no advertising revenue still on air?

Those shutdowns were supposed to happen with the 5 new launches. Since the later is on hold, the former is also seemingly on hold. They could still shut down SWP HD, since they have already announced it and dropped from the RIO, but put on hold for now. NGC Tamil and NGC Telugu will surely go off air.

Those shutdowns were supposed to happen with the 5 new launches. Since the later is on hold, the former is also seemingly on hold. They could still shut down SWP HD, since they have already announced it and dropped from the RIO, but put on hold for now. NGC Tamil and NGC Telugu will surely go off air.
That's my point. Let's worry about SWP HD first. Then let's discuss about Star World. At first Fox Life which will most likely shutdown before of Star World.

How was Sony able to shut down Sony ESPN, Sony Mix and AXN without waiting for anybody whereas Disney is not able to shut down SWP HD? Any reason? :huh:

How was Sony able to shut down Sony ESPN, Sony Mix and AXN without waiting for anybody whereas Disney is not able to shut down SWP HD? Any reason? :huh:

They can shutdown anytime they want bro, just need to give 30 day notice, which they gave earlier but pulled back. Same case for launching a new channel, just need to give prior notice i.e 30 days but they pulled back on that as well.

I have answers to all ur questions but it demands very long reply. Somewhat tired today hence will give a detailed response later on. Here is short reply.

Still i stand by my point that chs r themselves to blame, they were not able to price ch correctly or provide relevant content neither to ardent english shows fans nor to potential adopters. Also having same content on both SD/HD feeds is unwarranted.

SWP HD itself was flawed model with hefty price tag and ruined Star World which was performing well by taking new stuff off air and putting old shows on air that too at same price. Also later it started showing high octane content which again had little chance to succeed with cuts, edits necessary to b put on tv and ott had become choice for such things

English Chs can do fine if managed properly which is not happening hence shutdown is imminent for many. Star put some closure on hold bcoz they cannot introduce new chs inplace of them till NTO case is resolved.

Gone r days of having bulk deals with operators and pushing unwanted counter to subscribers. Earlier broadcasters got huge advance payment, chs got automatic reach and somehow it translated into viewership and revenue. Now is real test, are consumers really willing to buy ur subscription, if not then sorry strategy needs alteration

Also if some1 from star/disney is reading this please stop showing How I Met Ur Mother, Modern Family now onwards... Tired of seeing it since last so many yrs.

@DJ Roy bhai initially FX had asian feed shown here, later on indian feed was introduced but it had older content . FX was flagship ch but again had misplaced content planning

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock