Breaking Sun Marathi launch delayed due to Slowdown Economy

• Thread starter Girish
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 5,130
Does anyone know anything about when the Sun Marathi channel will launch?
Truth be told, the odds are stacked against Sun. The past couple of years have seen two new entrants: Sony Marathi (new launch) and Fakt Marathi (converted from a movie channel into a GEC). Only Fakt Marathi has made a big impact because of its DDFD presence (it was briefly No. 1). Zee Yuva and Sony Marathi are struggling, and also Star Pravah.

The current leaders in the Marathi market are Zee Marathi, Colors Marathi, Fakt Marathi and Zee Talkies (the last is a movie channel), while the three channels in the previous sentence are fighting for survival. The Marathi market is getting too crowded.

That said, I hope Sun puts in a little more investment behind Sun Bangla than what it is doing now, so that it can have a better platform from which to launch Sun Marathi.

No,they are now on top5
I had posted that nearly 2 months ago. Surely you know that things have changed by then and Zee Keralam has entered at least the top 6 for sure. Think before posting. Not meant as an abusive comment.

Just wait...they r now gaining ground...major draw back was not having block buster movies library...their serials and reality shows start to attract viwers
Zee is doing all right things to grow in Kerala Market. Its Fiction n Nonfiction both are getting traction. Slowly and gradually it'll also expand its movie library. One good thing is Zee has a good Tamil library that goes well with Malayalam audience. In a year Zee Keralam will cement it's position in top 4 for sure.
Asianet won't be affected but Surya, Mazhavil Manorama & Flowers will face a good fight.
Good for Malayalam viewers

It's OK bro.I didn't notice the date of your comment
I had posted that nearly 2 months ago. Surely you know that things have changed by then and Zee Keralam has entered at least the top 6 for sure. Think before posting. Not meant as an abusive comment.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock