Sun TV HD added on LCN: 490

sundareshbabu said:
Have anyone notice,Airtel logo in sun hd channel blinks sometimes...what may be the reason?

Yes, If background colour dark it shows red colour
if white background colour showing transparant

Waiting for Star to launch Vijay HD. I don't watch Sun TV nowadays. Only Vijay TV. They have good shows and latest movies too.

In Sun TV HD, when they are telecasting movies, they can atleast telecast full HD movies in Sun TV HD and older movies on Sun TV SD. Atleast it would then be somewhat worth because for people who don't watch serials and only movies that would be better.

jayanji said:
High-definition video has an aspect ratio of 16:9 (1.78:1).
Standard-definition television (SDTV) has a 4:3 (1.33:1) aspect ratio or 16:9.

Not entirely correct. Movies are shot on analog film and hence can be scanned (re-mastered) in HD. I guess you've never seen 'Gone With the Wind' or 'Casablanca' on blu-ray. Search on Amazon and you will see that these have a 4:3 aspect ratio and these are obviously HD. Also, almost no movies have a 16:9 aspect ratio. All recent movies have either 1.85:1 or 2.39:1 aspect ratio. See wikipedia page for Aspect Ratio for more details.

intrinsicreality said:
Not entirely correct. Movies are shot on analog film and hence can be scanned (re-mastered) in HD. I guess you've never seen 'Gone With the Wind' or 'Casablanca' on blu-ray. Search on Amazon and you will see that these have a 4:3 aspect ratio and these are obviously HD. Also, almost no movies have a 16:9 aspect ratio. All recent movies have either 1.85:1 or 2.39:1 aspect ratio. See wikipedia page for Aspect Ratio for more details.

6jPWS8x.jpg

432px-Filmaspectratios_svg.svg.png

jayanji said:

Emphasis on the word common :)

If you've decided that you know everything, its alright. Otherwise, Wikipedia has other pages including the one I referred you to. Period.

sundareshbabu said:
Have anyone notice,Airtel logo in sun hd channel blinks sometimes...what may be the reason?

Brother it is not sometimes I am just observed it now it happend every 7 to 10 seconds.
I think they may be add sun hd using new technology in tp as said by People Brother,may be because of adoption of new technology this blinks is happend.

Thank You.

intrinsicreality said:
Emphasis on the word common :)

If you've decided that you know everything, its alright. Otherwise, Wikipedia has other pages including the one I referred you to. Period.

The above information from Wikipedia only
High definition video aspect ratio, because we are in the discussion of sun HD
Movies aspect ratio is different

jayanji said:
The above information from Wikipedia only
High definition video aspect ratio, because we are in the discussion of sun HD
Movies aspect ratio is different

The conversation was about movies. Just go up-thread and check. Anyway, I don't care what you believe. But just remember that no matter what the aspect ratio of the content is, those black bars (vertical or horizontal) take up the remaining space and the total broadcast is always conforming to the widescreen aspect ratio.

Dear Administrat Brothers channel is added now so please move this thread to hd section.
Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock