Sun TV HD added on LCN: 490

Sadiq said:
It is the case with Hindi Movies HD channels like Zee Cinema HD and Star Gold HD. They are also playing old movies in upscaled HD format. Not sure about English HD channels and the way they are playing old movies. But in my point of view Sun TV HD is good to watch new HD movies.

You are right bro.. something is better than nothing. Till last 2 days we all wanted SUN HD and now we are complaining about price.

I suggest all Tamil viewers to subscribe this channel so AIRTEL will realize the potential of south customers and that will open doors for more regional HD channel additions. ;)

Sadiq said:
It is the case with Hindi Movies HD channels like Zee Cinema HD and Star Gold HD. They are also playing old movies in upscaled HD format. Not sure about English HD channels and the way they are playing old movies. But in my point of view Sun TV HD is good to watch new HD movies.

While Star Gold HD shows upscaled movies almost everyday, I have never seen a single upscaled movie on Zee Cinema HD. Zee is pretty savvy about it.

Rushil.D said:
agreed, i see some days ago a old movie on zee studio hd and it was in 4:3 Format :(:-/

Rushil, SD or HD resolution has no connection with the aspect ratio. A 4:3 video can also be in HD. I am pretty sure that's what you saw on Zee Studio HD.

Rushil.D said:
agreed, i see some days ago a old movie on zee studio hd and it was in 4:3 Format :(:-/

Zee cinema HD also shown classic cinema in 4:3 ratio leaving black bars at both sides

intrinsicreality said:
Rushil, SD or HD resolution has no connection with the aspect ratio. A 4:3 video can also be in HD. I am pretty sure that's what you saw on Zee Studio HD.

High-definition video has an aspect ratio of 16:9 (1.78:1).
Standard-definition television (SDTV) has a 4:3 (1.33:1) aspect ratio or 16:9.

but i am thinking sun tv hd is a full HD channel as now i see a program on sun tv HD which is full HD :huh

Photo_0188.jpg

Photo_0189.jpg

Photo_0190.jpg

arvindp said:
And not everything is in HD. Saw a movie at 11 in the night and it wasn't HD. It was an old movie. While even old movies come in HD in the English movies HD channels, i think sun telecasts only new movies in HD :(
So its actually worthless

Me too subscribe SUN HD in D2h and then unsubscribe that channel, because all programs in that channel is not HD format..... Only Serial and new movies telecast in HD. KTV HD is worst than SUN HD, in KTV HD only logo is HD logo other than every thing is SD only....

@Rushil.D
Sun HD is a Full HD Channel only,
They are telecasting up scaled contents also from old library.
Same doing by most of the HD channels.
Sports HD channels also we can see 4:3 contents leaving side bars, either black or or some colors.
Dolby Digital also not available for those old contents.
New movies, songs,shows are in good quality.

@kalyan: bro,now k tv telecasts some movies in full hd..meanwhile sun tv hd is a full hd channel..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock