Swap STB with a friend

Bit more light on this topic.

With the advent of Digital HD TV the difference between NTSC and PAL is practically limited to the framerate of the display which is 23,975p/30p/60i on NTSC and 25p/50i on PAL standards. Modern, digital television sets will have no issues with any of them. The voltage frequency is also not an issue, as the digital decoder is running on DC, so the frequency won't matter unless the AC/DC converter cannot handle it (which should be pretty rare). This assumes you are either only using digital TV (like DVB-T / DVB-C), or using a set-top box that connects digitally to your TV (for example with an HDMI cable)

Read more at Do differences between NTSC and PAL matter with modern TVs?

I really think the frequency doesn't matter for Digital connections like HDMI.

@Bapun Raz , can you please confirm if there a particular DVR box that does support 60Hz output?
Yes bro Tata Sky +HD box Supports 60Hz frequency.

7aIwanA.jpg

Bit more light on this topic.

With the advent of Digital HD TV the difference between NTSC and PAL is practically limited to the framerate of the display which is 23,975p/30p/60i on NTSC and 25p/50i on PAL standards. Modern, digital television sets will have no issues with any of them. The voltage frequency is also not an issue, as the digital decoder is running on DC, so the frequency won't matter unless the AC/DC converter cannot handle it (which should be pretty rare). This assumes you are either only using digital TV (like DVB-T / DVB-C), or using a set-top box that connects digitally to your TV (for example with an HDMI cable)

Read more at Do differences between NTSC and PAL matter with modern TVs?

I really think the frequency doesn't matter for Digital connections like HDMI.

Read this, should explain clearly why it would still matter. And I have experienced this first hand now for 8 and half years, using a converter, without which I can't watch any TV period.

Why NTSC and PAL Still Matter With HDTV

--Sri

Yes bro Tata Sky +HD box Supports 60Hz frequency.

7aIwanA.jpg
It certainly doesn't and above CC has provided wrong info.

@Bapun Raz , can you please confirm if there a particular DVR box that does support 60Hz output?
I have asked this back in 2016 when they added 60Hz for HD boxes and CC said HD DVR can't have this option due to constraints.

However the picture quality is upto mark and you will get noticeably better quality than HD boxes on HD DVR. Myself felt it as well as @Anish Pai told me the same upon his upgrade.

However the picture quality is upto mark and you will get noticeably better quality than HD boxes on HD DVR. Myself felt it as well as @Anish Pai told me the same upon his upgrade.

Yes agree. U can indeed notice the considerable improvement in PQ in HD DVR STB. I also feel improvement in DD audio in my Sony HT.

In my LG TV it have a option as country settings. Like Australia, India, srilanka, Vietnam, Indonesia..... Is the option have in your TV, Bro?

Read this, should explain clearly why it would still matter. And I have experienced this first hand now for 8 and half years, using a converter, without which I can't watch any TV period.

Why NTSC and PAL Still Matter With HDTV

--Sri
Yeah, I read that before. All he is talking about is the frame drops, but not getting any picture is beyond my imagination. You are saying you are using a HDMI cable and not getting any picture correct?

In my LG TV it have a option as country settings. Like Australia, India, srilanka, Vietnam, Indonesia..... Is the option have in your TV, Bro?
My TV is made for US market alone, so no such country choices unfortunately.
Yeah, I read that before. All he is talking about is the frame drops, but not getting any picture is beyond my imagination. You are saying you are using a HDMI cable and not getting any picture correct?
Well, I believe each TV behaves differently when they are treated with incompatible input formats, and mine just goes blank.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock