Breaking Tata Sky applying new TRAI tariff order in website

• Thread starter N.K raj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,184
  • Views: Views 169,247
This case seems to have taken a different turn. Now "Tata Sky, Sun Direct and Airtel Digital are arguing their case for the implementation of [15% discount] rule in front of the Delhi High Court." So it might in fact benefit the end user.
Are you sure on this? Please post a source if you have one. And if this is true TRAI will not be a defender on this, Star will be.

Are you sure on this? Please post a source if you have one. And if this is true TRAI will not be a defender on this, Star will be.
This is correct. I m too aware of this.
But this is not full picture. They have changed stance since supreme court has upheld jurisdiction of trai in similar matter which was initial line of argument in this case against trai.
Now they are arguing against non inclusion of 85:100 rule. Their argument is that coz of non implementation of this rule its essence is lost. So it should be scrapped off totally.
But they are also insisting loss of business model coz of wiping out of negotiation deals between them and broadcasters. So they are basically wanting this order to go despite trai having powers to impose. Basically they are playing victim card now.

For multi connection there is no ncf

Then the rate will be reduced for the secondary connection

If supposed to select the channels below the 250 rupees means 250-150=100 only pay to the secondary connection....
It will be good for the users...

If supposed to select the channels below the 250 rupees means 250-150=100 only pay to the secondary connection....
It will be good for the users...
Currently for multi TV, TS is not applying NCF. The pricing is based on pay channels selected only. They say if pay channel price is <250 then 200. But when it is lesser than 200, I am not sure how much will be the cost.

Similarly, when no pay channels selected, I am not sure how much will be the cost..

For multi connection there is no ncf
It's not like there's no NCF. It says that provider can choose to discount or waive off completely ncf on second connection and also provide some discount from its revenue share.
TS is already doing that.

Currently for multi TV, TS is not applying NCF. The pricing is based on pay channels selected only. They say if pay channel price is <250 then 200. But when it is lesser than 200, I am not sure how much will be the cost.

Similarly, when no pay channels selected, I am not sure how much will be the cost..
Minimum slab is 200 for second connection in TS

Why don't know ,some people blame the Tatasky. In past HDAF ₹175/month ok. I got two regional channels free of cost. Now calculate and tell , what the cost of Tamil, Malayalam , whole channels with HD. (I watched or not , due to my mood I tuned all the channels , in both languages.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock