Breaking Tata Sky applying new TRAI tariff order in website

• Thread starter N.K raj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,184
  • Views: Views 169,196
I am also enjoying packs at old price. My pack 99+ Odia regional ₹45=₹144

In new regime this will cost ₹200

The big game changer for me is 1-day-lock in period which has changed my views towards TRAI rules. They said "choose what you want and pay only for what you want". Now if we include "when you want" in this, the actual winner is the customer who has the liberty to chose whatever he wants and whenever he wants and pay only for the day or days he watches it. Practically, this works for me because I only watch TV on weekends and I choose what I want to watch on the weekend and I subscribe to it. When I'm done, I drop my subscription. Four regularly watched channels in home would be left subscribed for the entire month for the family. The same thing with sports, I'll be subscribing for sports channels when there is an event of interest on these channels; they aren't needed when there is nothing that interests me. For highlights and stuff, there is always internet and OTT platforms which offer them for free. Sad part is that the 1-day-lock-in is not being advertised as it would hurt the companies financially. The public is being misinformed with "monthly" prices; a very small percent of subscribers are aware that they are being charged on a daily basis.

The big game changer for me is 1-day-lock in period which has changed my views towards TRAI rules. They said "choose what you want and pay only for what you want". Now if we include "when you want" in this, the actual winner is the customer who has the liberty to chose whatever he wants and whenever he wants and pay only for the day or days he watches it. Practically, this works for me because I only watch TV on weekends and I choose what I want to watch on the weekend and I subscribe to it. When I'm done, I drop my subscription. Four regularly watched channels in home would be left subscribed for the entire month for the family. The same thing with sports, I'll be subscribing for sports channels when there is an event of interest on these channels; they aren't needed when there is nothing that interests me. For highlights and stuff, there is always internet and OTT platforms which offer them for free. Sad part is that the 1-day-lock-in is not being advertised as it would hurt the companies financially. The public is being misinformed with "monthly" prices; a very small percent of subscribers are aware that they are being charged on a daily basis.

Well TRAI has set no rule on fixing lock in period for operators, airtel and tata sky have been doing so much more this order came into effect. Right now too d2h is having 30 day lock in for regular packs and 60 days for sports add on.

What TRAI Tariff Order has done is bring parity in all aspects as far as what broadcasters offer to all operators and give consumers freedom to opt for favourite channels. Now operators will become more aggressive in offering better services and policies to subscribers which earlier were 2nd priority for making subscriber stick with them & add to revenue

Last edited:
After subscribing usual channel packs on 1st feb my family and i did realize, especially in last 10 days, that we r not watching them on daily basis. So we unsubscribed many channels now. This is especially true for movies and sports. So even after choosing almost all kids channels, all infotainment & lifestyle channels, all required music and news channels and major channels of hindi entertainment...we could cut the cost per month from 400+ to now 280 pm. 2nd multi TV is also down to 200 pm. So, effectively we are getting all we require that too in HD in total amount of 480 for two connections... That's much better than before.

Edit: Just checked that my second TV connection is still further down to 150 pm... So 430 pm for two connections now... :biggrin:

Last edited:
After subscribing usual channel packs on 1st feb my family and i did realize, especially in last 10 days, that we r not watching them on daily basis. So we unsubscribed many channels now. This is especially true for movies and sports. So even after choosing almost all kids channels, all infotainment & lifestyle channels, all required music and news channels and major channels of hindi entertainment...we could cut the cost per month from 400+ to now 280 pm. 2nd multi TV is also down to 200 pm. So, effectively we are getting all we require that too in HD in total amount of 480 for two connections... That's much better than before.

This is what TRAI chairman had stated that most people were overpaying and watched select channels. Now we can reduce cost by selecting few channels, some people who r complaining that we watch many channels and bill has increased their problem will be addressed soon once 15% bouquet discount cap rules is again included in existing framework. Already honourable court has cleared it and after few discussions it will be reinforced.

This is what TRAI chairman had stated that most people were overpaying and watched select channels. Now we can reduce cost by selecting few channels, some people who r complaining that we watch many channels and bill has increased their problem will be addressed soon once 15% bouquet discount cap rules is again included in existing framework. Already honourable court has cleared it and after few discussions it will be reinforced.
I know bro...that's what i have been saying all this time. I chose initially all the channels coz that doesn't make much difference to me anyways. But since now i m choosing many channels ala carte and 'modify package' from app is a couple of swipes away then why waste money...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock