Tata Sky can add more 150 SD ch from INSAT-4A

ayushlabroo

Reaction score
As above told that Tata Sky can add more 150 SD or 50 HD ch from INSAT-4A. If they use MPEG-4 compression technology to all 12 kU Band transponder then transponder capacity will increase from current 20 SD ch to 35 or 40 SD ch. As tatasky is currently using 80% MPEG-2 and 20% MPEG-4 . So TS should use 100% MPEG 4 to accumulate more space from existing 12 transponders of INSAT-4A.
IF YOU AGREE PLS LIKE IT AND SEND THIS TO TS.

There are many possible solutions to the present mess in which tata sky is today. It was on them to decide. However right time to discuss this particular aspect was in 2010 to 2012 when gsat 10 was getting delayed. Right now with gsat 10 they have too much of space. It is now matter of time. And if gsat 10 fails or something unexpected happens then yes, again moving to mpeg4 will have to be considered. Right now only worry we have that is is no clarity on gsat whatsoever.

But They Have To Replace Their STB

yes that is big issue, they have to replace the set top box with free of cost. So this may hold them from moving to MPEG4 completely.

Yesterday my TATA SKY SD Box stop working and i have called customer care they have sent installer and installer told me that your box needs replacement and since your box is more than 5 years old replacement will not done and you require to buy new box by paying Rs-999.

I didnt paid them because i already bought D2h on 30-12 itself and i was using tata sky for 2nd Tv now i will get d2h multiroom for 2nd Tv.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock