Tata sky eyes 30% growth on digitization drive

• Thread starter SUNIEL
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 3,614
NinadG

What sense ts is costly?

D2h providing lot of regional channel in base pack

So when u calculate price per channel it will less.

Example 50 channel in rs 150 then its rs3 per channel

This ratios wise I agree ts is costy.

But whenever u calculate

No of channel viewed per stb, means per TV, means 4 member in family watching same TV at different times.

Then out of 50 only 7-8 are watched, then price per channel all be apppx rs20. In this calculation.

Ts definitely wins race, bcoz their package are designed very intelligently.

But ts lacks some popular channel which u won't get any other DTH.

Example if 10 popular( I said only popular, not crap) channel missing,

Then adtv will have 5, dish all have 6-7
D2h will have 5.

The terms, u can't get all channel in any DTH.

me_saket said:
NinadG

What sense ts is costly?

D2h providing lot of regional channel in base pack

So when u calculate price per channel it will less.

Example 50 channel in rs 150 then its rs3 per channel

This ratios wise I agree ts is costy.

But whenever u calculate

No of channel viewed per stb, means per TV, means 4 member in family watching same TV at different times.

Then out of 50 only 7-8 are watched, then price per channel all be apppx rs20. In this calculation.

Ts definitely wins race, bcoz their package are designed very intelligently.

But ts lacks some popular channel which u won't get any other DTH.

Example if 10 popular( I said only popular, not crap) channel missing,

Then adtv will have 5, dish all have 6-7
D2h will have 5.

The terms, u can't get all channel in any DTH.

Unconvincing . Better you give some examples and compare.

@me_sacket

Just talk about Music Channels- compare Hindi Music Channels on TS and D2H on lowest pack of Rs. 220. Which operator gives more?

What about Hindi Movies, Cartoon Channels and likes? I am not talking about the fact that in d2h, ROI users get South Channels and vice versa. But in same same language (Hindi/Bengali/ Odia) and same genre (GEC, Music, Cartoon) compare Rs 220 pack of Tata Sky and D2H/ ADTV, you will get answer.

If you are pretend to be sleeping, no one can wakeup u.

I have done some home work and agree with me_saket on one point "their packages are designed very intelligently " and they are very convenient to choose our choice.
When I compared my current package of TS with D2h it proves TS is costlier than D2h for me.
22 HD channels @ Rs.150 +tax is very attractive in D2h.
I also feel that they(D2h) omitted Eng. news channels in many packages.

2-3 years back I had opinion that TS is very costly (Of course it is when no of chs are considered). Then I prepared an excel sheet for all dth players with details such as min/max pack cost, no of chs, regional ch count, north/south packs, infotain chs, movie, sports, news etc...

I found that TS is costly when no of channels are considered. So if someone is telling "Rs. 220 me 220 channels" then it is more attractive. But then you are not going to watch all these channels. If you are Tamil then you are not going to watch Bangali chs....Correct !

Then I prepared list of chs which I want from DTH. I found that although TS is supposedly costly, I am getting allmost all the chs that I want at min price.

This may not be true for all. So it is better to list out chs that you need & then find out which dth player gives the same at min price.

NinadG said:
2-3 years back I had opinion that TS is very costly (Of course it is when no of chs are considered). Then I prepared an excel sheet for all dth players with details such as min/max pack cost, no of chs, regional ch count, north/south packs, infotain chs, movie, sports, news etc...

I found that TS is costly when no of channels are considered. So if someone is telling "Rs. 220 me 220 channels" then it is more attractive. But then you are not going to watch all these channels. If you are Tamil then you are not going to watch Bangali chs....Correct !

Then I prepared list of chs which I want from DTH. I found that although TS is supposedly costly, I am getting allmost all the chs that I want at min price.

This may not be true for all. So it is better to list out chs that you need & then find out which dth player gives the same at min price.

well said. :clap I agree.

But yes may not be true for all. :tup

After complete migration TS will get double no of channels. So there will not be very much difference in price per channel ratio in base pack with other DTH.

TS will only satisfy its 'loyal' customers, NOT the general customers.

AsitPaul said:
TS will only satisfy its 'loyal' customers, NOT the general customers.

So according to you all 12 million customers are loyal. :D:D

If all 12 million customers are loyal why is TATASKY providing base pack at Rs 170 ? So according to you so called Loyal subscribers don't have money to subscribers to higher pack for premium service such as more HD channels. If TATASKY is providing different packa from Rs 170 to 430 it simply means they have subscribers from different class i.e. lower middle who want basic to loyal who wants premium service. And they are satisfied as they have 12 millions subscribers. I think this is true for all DTH service providers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock