Tata Sky selects Ericsson to extend HD channel delivery

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 29
  • Views: Views 4,906
wow... thats wonderful. :clap

But I think they meant 150 SD or 50 HD chnls, not both.

I think Tata Sky planned to Add All Available & Upcoming HD as well as All Carriage fees Channels which is Available in India.

Deep.S said:
I think Tata Sky planned to Add All Available & Upcoming HD as well as All Carriage fees Channels which is Available in India.

What is Carriage Fees Channels?

TS Should pending Hindi Movie Channels like Sony WAH,Rishtey Cineplex,Zee Anmol Cinema,etc

Justsnow22 said:
What is Carriage Fees Channels?

TS Should pending Hindi Movie Channels like Sony WAH,Rishtey Cineplex,Zee Anmol Cinema,etc

Carriage fee channels are Free to air channels. These channels need to pay money to DTH operators to carry the channels in their platform...

Deep.S said:
And their +1 versions also

Sarkar said:
And their +1 versions also
Ts is adding +1 channels and other dths are finding it difficult to even add all hd channels. Lucky Ts subscribers. And sahi bhi hai, ts subscribers are paying hefty monthly charges too. Ts making it worthy day by day.

In a direct-to-home (DTH) sector where there is transponder shortage, Tata Sky is developing capability to offer 200 more channels by the end of 2016.

Tata Sky has selected Ericsson’s AVP 4000 compression platform to achieve this, a move that will allow it to widen its offering to customers. The technology will help Tata Sky to deliver 150 standard-definition and 50 high-definition channels.

The solution addresses Tata Sky’s requirement for an encoding platform that meets the complex video processing demands associated with HD content.

Read more at: Tata Sky builds capability to add 200 channels by year-end | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

this is true 200 channels is coming soon tatasky posted on their  facebook page :-50HD   150 SD more to be added as a customer i fear total domination of tatasky which will wipe out competition not good. said:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock