Breaking Tata Sky to launch Colors Tamil HD, Zee Kannada HD and Prameya News 7 channels on the platform effective 6th Nov

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 14,621
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after launch of these HD channels only following HD channels will be missing once SPN channels are back -

DD

Miniplex

Gemini Music

FYI

Jaya TV

Discovery Jeet

Cartoon Network

It's going off topic, but Tata has not done anything for customers. They are now forced to do. By the way, whatever Tata Sky has done now will be in history and cannot be forgotten easily.

They have damaged their brand name.
Bro I not agreed on this point. They always launched new Channels on the launch dates even they added SPN Channels on launch date too so we can't say that they have not done anything for their customers and Bro Tell me which dth doesn't removed Channels when they had issues with the broadcasters so its a normal thing and we all know that all channels will be back when issues gets resolved. So I don't think that they will lose their brandname. I know that Tata sky is unfair with customers and they shouldn't completely removed the channels and instead they should made it on ala carte but they didn't. But still its temporary only.. But I agree that Tata Sky is not a premium dth.

Last edited:
So after launch of these HD channels only following HD channels will be missing once SPN channels are back -
  • DD HD and now DD News HD: Don't expect any DTH to add them. They will remain on the C-band, DTT and some cable networks.
  • Miniplex HD is already there in the form of TS Bollywood Premiere HD.
  • Discovery Jeet HD is not so important as it is no longer a proper Hindi channel. Still it might be added.
  • Gemini Music, Cartoon Network, FYI TV18 HD: These are exclusive to Sun Direct. TS has a good chance of adding the last two, but Gemini Music may remain exclusive to SD for many years. Remember, Sun HD, Gemini HD, etc. were exclusive to SD for 2+ years.
  • Jaya HD: Very less chance. Mostly only TN cable networks have it.
But we are waiting for the Sony channels to return. Nevertheless it is very good going from TS despite the Sony crisis to add 3 new HD channels: UTV HD, Colors Tamil HD and the latest Zee Kannada HD. :clap: Definitely Zee Keralam HD will also be added.

• DD HD and now DD News HD: Don't expect any DTH to add them. They will remain on the C-band, DTT and some cable networks.
  • Miniplex HD is already there in the form of TS Bollywood Premiere HD.
  • Discovery Jeet HD is not so important as it is no longer a proper Hindi channel. Still it might be added.
  • Gemini Music, Cartoon Network, FYI TV18 HD: These are exclusive to Sun Direct. TS has a good chance of adding the last two, but Gemini Music may remain exclusive to SD for many years. Remember, Sun HD, Gemini HD, etc. were exclusive to SD for 2+ years.
  • Jaya HD: Very less chance. Mostly only TN cable networks have it.
But we are waiting for the Sony channels to return. Nevertheless it is very good going from TS despite the Sony crisis to add 3 new HD channels: UTV HD, Colors Tamil HD and the latest Zee Kannada HD. :clap: Definitely Zee Keralam HD will also be added.

My understanding is Miniplex is owned by Shemaroo while TS Bollywood is an own service.

Since Colors Tamil HD is being added (which means Indiacast deal has been made) we may soon expect CN HD+ and FYI TV18 HD.
Considering the speedy addition of Zee Kannada HD, we can assume Zee Keralam HD will be added as soon as the channel is launched.
Discovery Jeet HD might take some days.
Since Sun Network is planning to launch Udaya Music HD, Udaya Movies HD, Udaya Life, Surya Music HD, Surya Movies HD, Surya Life, the remaining Sun Network HD Channels will be added when these channels are launched. Hopefully soon.
Miniplex is more of a service than a channel; I don't expect it to be added. Same with Jaya HD.
We all know Sony HD Channels are coming back today or tomorrow; or the day after.
No DTH can dethrone TS from being premium; despite most of our members' frustrations.

Since Colors Tamil HD is being added (which means Indiacast deal has been made) we may soon expect CN HD+ and FYI TV18 HD.
Considering the speedy addition of Zee Kannada HD, we can assume Zee Keralam HD will be added as soon as the channel is launched.
Discovery Jeet HD might take some days.
Since Sun Network is planning to launch Udaya Music HD, Udaya Movies HD, Udaya Life, Surya Music HD, Surya Movies HD, Surya Life, the remaining Sun Network HD Channels will be added when these channels are launched. Hopefully soon.
Miniplex is more of a service than a channel; I don't expect it to be added. Same with Jaya HD.
We all know Sony HD Channels are coming back today or tomorrow; or the day after.
No DTH can dethrone TS from being premium; despite most of our members' frustrations.
Note jaya hd channel is not a true hd channel with 1080i picture clarity, its only broadcasting in an upscaled hd quality which is available in all platforms..

My understanding is Miniplex is owned by Shemaroo while TS Bollywood is an own service.
All have content from Shemaroo only. Even Dish-d2h's Movies Active service comes from Shemaroo. See this.

FB-IMG-15411581882573261.jpg

Last edited:
Bro I not agreed on this point. They always launched new Channels on the launch dates even they added SPN Channels on launch date too so we can't say that they have not done anything for their customers and Bro Tell me which dth doesn't removed Channels when they had issues with the broadcasters so its a normal thing and we all know that all channels will be back when issues gets resolved. So I don't think that they will lose their brandname. I know that Tata sky is unfair with customers and they shouldn't completely removed the channels and instead they should made it on ala carte but they didn't. But still its temporary only.. But I agree that Tata Sky is not a premium dth.
Your post is contradicting. Your post has the answers why I'm claiming Tata Sky has lost his brand value.

Note jaya hd channel is not a true hd channel with 1080i picture clarity, its only broadcasting in an upscaled hd quality which is available in all platforms..
No it is true HD. But yes some contents are upscaled. New movies or serials or programs are in HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock