TataSky's MPEG4 Migration - News, Updates and Discussion thread

• Thread starter SanRam
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 958
  • Views: Views 223,026
They perhaps do not want to get into a situation where even one customer is left in mpeg2 box and then he comes and says...I am not getting even one channel...and ensuring not a single person is oeft with mpeg2 box is tough in india...so I guess they will take c9nsiderable time before they migrate last channel to mpeg4

shiwesh said:
They perhaps do not want to get into a situation where even one customer is left in mpeg2 box and then he comes and says...I am not getting even one channel...and ensuring not a single person is oeft with mpeg2 box is tough in india...so I guess they will take c9nsiderable time before they migrate last channel to mpeg4

Yes bro..u r right. They can take their time till the last customer exchanged with mpeg4 box

TS can easily put all the remaining 19 mpeg2 chs in one TP and convert one of the 2 remaining dvbs TPs to dvbs2. Thus they can get some more space. And all mpeg2 business can be conducted from a single TP. :lol

They can but not doing becoz,
11010 H is home Tp, & can't carry more then 15 MPEG2 channels, as I seen from years,

11170 can carry all 19 but then they need to convert 11010 to DVBS2 1st, which they can't do.

Gssran said:
They can but not doing becoz,
11010 H is home Tp, & can't carry more then 15 MPEG2 channels, as I seen from years,

11170 can carry all 19 but then they need to convert 11010 to DVBS2 1st, which they can't do.

Yeah good point! So 4 more chs need to be converted to mpeg4 to free up 11170 as 11010 currently has 9 mpeg2 chs and could accommodate 6 more.

Rushil.D said:
now tata sky started channels addition and having lots of space in their tps so leave it on tata sky and don't worry of it :)

Space. howmuch sd ? HD?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock