Technically what will be the colour of a dish antenna?

Dear Punjabi Veer,

Please make the correct use of thread title prefixes. It misleads members.

About your question "Technically what should be the colour of a dish antenna?", the answer is ideally it should be white or light shades of a colour.

Although there is no direct relation between colour of a dish antenna and signal strength, using dark / black colour will absorb the heat from the sun and may cause some slight issues since we know that things expand on heating. Also LNB may get damaged due to the heat radiated on it.

iS THAT ME said:
@ Vinay : White is the best then ?

Yes white is the best colour for a satellite dish antenna at any place, especially in tropical areas or near the equator where there is too much heat due to the Sun.

Vinay said:
Although there is no direct relation between colour of a dish antenna and signal strength, using dark / black colour will absorb the heat from the sun and may cause some slight issues since we know that things expand on heating. Also LNB may get damaged due to the heat radiated on it.

:wall My Dish is black color dish :damn

mystic said:
:wall My Dish is black color dish

Yes but Tata Sky+ dishes are perforated too (with minutes holes). Also this dark colour is not an issue for a small 60cm dish.

Vinay said:
mystic said:
:wall My Dish is black color dish

Yes but Tata Sky+ dishes are perforated too (with minutes holes). Also this dark colour is not an issue for a small 60cm dish.

Perforated dish is not as good as solid dish.
They are more flexible & so they move more in the wind situation
So they are not as durable as solid dishes :wall

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock