'TEST2' & 'TEST3' added on (11600 H,11560V) Tp by ADTV

destinyawaits said:
Don't say HD channels we will be lucky if they add SD channels.
When Airtel subscribers say HD channels I had a feeling, company higher officials pee in the pants. They don't have the balls still runing the company anyways. :)

:lol

Well, they are not to be blamed entirely. They dont have much TP space left. We all know the next satellite will launch after 2yrs for airtel.

If they'll add HD channels, they'll not be able to add important SD channels launching in next 2 years. Quite a no. of big branded channels will launch in next few yrs, considering India is the hottest place for digitization. We can also expect few intl. channels as well, so they have to conserve space.

Already big channels like &pictures, Star World premier, Romedy now, Epic TV, RTL Thrill, 9x0 etc are in pipeline.

Bro, but as a late enterant don't you think they have to come prepared?

They have already shifted from insat sattelite and still they didn't considered such constraint?

Its completely their fault not us even a kid can tell that digitization will lead to more launches.

Plus, If we all leave these things aside I don't think Airtel is taking any steps before they finally hit space crunch issues.

Tatasky investing 900 crores and they do take business seriously not like Airtel. That is why I said this many a times Airtel don't have the balls be it DTH or telecom sector. I hope you agree with this. No offense to anyone.

I understand your anger towards them and do partially agree with u.

While shifting to SES7, I guess they didnt have much choice, as there were not too many free sats. available at that time. The total load SES7 could take was also not that gr8, ie: only abt 22 TPs on the sat.

The new SES9 sat. is being tailored made for Indian demands, ie: for Airtel and will carry above 81 Ku band TPs, out of which Airtel would lease abt 20-30 TPs.

Infact, the channel broadcasters have themselves stopped dricing the mkt to HD.
Earlier lot many HD channels were bound to start, like SAB HD, PIX HD, HBO HD, FTV HD etc., but they havent started.... bcoz the broadcasters too have to incur heavy costs for launching HD channels.

The Govt policies are anti-broadcasters. They charge them heavily. The channels have to pay huge carriage fees.
DTH OPS. have to pay huge taxation to Govt., Thus DTH Ops demand carriage fees, thats why new channels dont start so easily on ADTV or any other DTH, as channels also dont want to give too much carriage fees.

Foreign sats. are not permitted in Indian slots or to beam in India.

Its all a vicious circle. The Govt is to be blamed. :)

Tata Sky had to invest 900 crores, bcoz they were dead and buried, and out of desperation they had to do something, just to stay alive. Airtel foresaw the problems with using Insat sat. and migrated.
Tata Sky's planning was poorer than Airtel, they are still stuck up with Insat sat, MPEG2 technology. ADTV already had MPEG4.

Its only now that TatSky are in process of migration.
D2H has hit a space cruch. Its only Dish TV which are better off as of now, and that too bcoz they started using monoblock.

Bro, you are right. The only point I'm trying to make here is Airtel either recruit advisers/top level management who don't know anything about risk analysis at all.

For any business it's the first analysis that might have stopped them from coming into the DTH sector in the first place.

You are right about Dish TV as they did a smart move with monoblock LNBF but is there a similar option available to Airtel as you stated above about the space crunch that anyway Airtel is going to hit anytime soon + if this is gonna happen then I guess soon the company will reach a position where customers migrate to cable TV for sure.

I have heard something that Airtel has asked for Sat Space from Govt. but there is no update after that.

Godwill goes down of such companies when they don't do their complete homework before investing heavily into a business.

One thing Airtel never improves and that is learn from past mistakes. :(

Well Quoted Brothers!!!
Its one thing clear If a DTH hits a Space Crunch Crisis then they Would be jamming....

If D2h had Tp Space they would have added Plenty and Plenty of Channels as their Team is Always keen In Adding New Channels in their dth platform..

About Airtel dth...
I dnt knw their Future Goin...
One thing i knw they give free preview of Almst All Channels...

About Sun dth...
They had a Major Part in South and Minor part in North as they were at Insat Sat they had quite a few space in Insat bt due to Satelite glintch..

They Migrated to Measat with Sharing % with Reliance....

Bt Nw they are Dead in South and Ashes in North....
Dnt knw what to do Actualy...

About Reliance dth...
I hope they have Good Space In Measat Nw Bt they are Not Intrested in dth market....

About Dish tv...
NSS 6 is Almst Full and Opened a New Asiasat satellite and Providing both satelite via Monoblock LNB...
Strategic Move....
If they face any Space Crunch then they Could Also Migrate to Mpe4 DvbS2 and make Room for New Channels...

This is the Experience that i Got from Dth forum Dreamdth through these Months....

Anyway
Current situation says

4 test channel can be converted to demamdind SD channels

me_saket said:
Anyway
Current situation says

4 test channel can be converted to demamdind SD channels

currently only 2 Test channels. :k

Sgokul Gp said:
any chance sun direct going to other sattalite . sun direct lowest tp

Nw Not a Chance....
Their Only Chance ws to Take over Reliance dth and Combine all together...

Bt Nw As the Merging has Cancelled..
Its Realy Sundirect trapped in this DTH Industry...

Bt When New Satellite Gets launched there Will a Slight Chance for Sundirect...

Otherwise Sundirect Subscribers
Game Over!!!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock