Sad News Three HD Sony channels has been shut down due to low viewership (Sony Rox HD, Le Plex HD & Ten Golf HD)

Sony has new plans for south regional market as per my source. Nothing is yet to be materialized but these channels shutting down is a preparatory move for the bigger plan. Sony will be approaching south in a way similar to Viacom.
But their current potential plan of entering south doesn't contain both these languages.
So as per the indications Sony enters south through Kannada(Normally nobody choose Malayalam first).But IMO Telugu is most suitable for Sony in all aspects. First of all no monopoly and heavy viewership. Even if Sony could achieve a 4/5th place they will get a good viewership.Movies can grab good ratings and Sony can jointly purchase satellite rights in Telugu and Hindi.
Btw anything can happen as Sony pictures and viacom 18 recently entered movie production in Malayalam at the same time Sun pictures, Fox Star studios never did such an attempt even their tv channels were present for long time.
Ps:By the by if sony too enters south all the doors are closed for Sun to dub shows

Last edited:
So as per the indications Sony enters south through Kannada(Normally nobody choose Malayalam first).But IMO Telugu is most suitable for Sony in all aspects. First of all no monopoly and heavy viewership. Even if Sony could achieve a 4/5th place they will get a good viewership.Movies can grab good ratings and Sony can jointly purchase satellite rights in Telugu and Hindi.
Btw anything can happen as Sony pictures and viacom 18 recently entered movie production in Malayalam at the same time Sun pictures, Fox Star studios never did such an attempt even their tv channels were present for long time.
Ps:By the by if sony too enters south all the doors are closed for Sun to dub shows
Yes Correct South doors are closed for Sun to Dub shows

What are you saying? Then what are those going to shut down channels meant for?
Sony Rox sounds more or less like a English music channel. So I was expecting them to re-launch it. Sony Box Office HD should be a movie channel that exclusively airs Bollywood movies in HD.

Sony Rox sounds more or less like a English music channel. So I was expecting them to re-launch it. Sony Box Office HD should be a movie channel that exclusively airs Bollywood movies in HD.
They are shutting down similar channels so your dream won't happen in nearby future.

MIB License modifications as per my guess:
Sony Ten Golf HD - Sony Marathi HD
Sony Rox HD - Sony Kannada
Sony LePlex HD - Sony Kannada HD

As Kannada continues to reach PAN-India, Sony has been stepping in to capture the Karnataka market. The first move was acquiring satellite rights for Hindi version of KGF Chapter-1.

Last edited:
MIB License modifications as per my guess:
Sony Ten Golf HD - Sony Marathi HD
Sony Rox HD - Sony Kannada
Sony LePlex HD - Sony Kannada HD

As Kannada continues to reach PAN-India, Sony has been stepping in to capture the Karnataka market. The first move was acquiring satellite rights for Hindi version of KGF Chapter-1.
Sony Acquired KGF rights bro ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock