Breaking TLC to target Tamil, Telugu markets

Kannada people also do not know hindi.
But not have single audio feed channel in kannada language.

I've heard that translated movies are not allowed in Karnataka (since 1962) which probably could be due to some state law (donno if it really has a legal stand as it could be against Section 3 in the Competition Act, 2002) so need to check of this state law is preventing the language audio feed as it too is a translation from another language.

Are Colors and Zee being allowed to telecast dubbed serials from Hindi?

Last edited:
in kannada there is no law against dubbing only film industry opposing because they cant remake in kannada most of the film are remake
In bangaluru, most people speeking hindi
those people may be migrants and even in chennai and hyderabad most people talk hindi but think about other parts of the state and kannada is not similar to hindi we cant understand it

in kannada there is no law against dubbing only film industry opposing because they cant remake in kannada most of the film are remake

those people may be migrants and even in chennai and hyderabad most people talk hindi but think about other parts of the state and kannada is not similar to hindi we cant understand it

Nopes, even in Chennai very few can understand Hindi and whoever understands could be from the DD1 age where they saw some famous Hindi serials during a time when there was no cable tv in sight. Had they not stopped the dubbing process Hindi would have got a bit more popular but some stupid actions like stopping tamil dubbing simply brought cable tv into plan and everyone turned to Tamil cable tv channels.

In Karnataka they not allowing any dubbing contents including serials, Zee Kannada office was attacked by some protesters when they were telecast Jhansi Rani in Kannada...even I want to see Dubbed contents in Kannada...

Last edited:
Nopes, even in Chennai very few can understand Hindi and whoever understands could be from the DD1 age where they saw some famous Hindi serials during a time when there was no cable tv in sight. Had they not stopped the dubbing process Hindi would have got a bit more popular but some stupid actions like stopping tamil dubbing simply brought cable tv into plan and everyone turned to Tamil cable tv channels.
I think dubbing isn't banned in TN. Every channel telecast some hindi dubbing serial.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock