TN Digitization - General Discussions [SCV Says Allocated Thousand Crore for STB, Challenges other MSO. - Will SCV take back Chennai?]

14sep-kol-01_-F+TH-15-internet-TN-C.jpg

Dayanidhi Maran says SCV being the first MSO in India to offer Digital STB during 2003 and he has already invested Rs 1000 crore for STB and challenges any other MSO able to invest so much amount. Also he says being the oldest MSO in India which supplied STB he believes in his technology and does not want to point negatives about other MSO's.

Also he said that once DAS is implemented LCO's can do analogue and will suddenly lose customers as it takes a upto 6 weeks to supply STB once ordered from the MSO so LCO's have to book their requirements well in Advance.

SD STB are being sold at Rs 500 and HD STB at Rs 1,200.

--​

TRAI to study issues affecting digitisation of cable TV.

There are some issues typical to T.N., says Chairman of the authority

Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will study issues relating to digitisation of cable television network in Tamil Nadu and see what can be done to protect the interests of the consumers, according to its Chairman R.S. Sharma.

TRAI to study issues affecting digitisation of cable TV

IT committee asks MIB to take steps to ensure complete digitisation in TN.

MUMBAI: The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Information Technology has reprimanded the ministry of information and broadcasting (MIB) for the poor implementation of cable TV digitisation in Tamil Nadu.

In its report on the status of digitisation, the committee noted that only 33% digitisation has been achieved in Tamil Nadu. It was also told by the MIB that the progress of digitisation was about 70% in the Phase 4 areas excluding Tamil Nadu, as on the cut-off date of 31 March 2017 for Phase IV areas.

IT committee asks MIB to take steps to ensure complete digitisation in TN

TRAI rules is for DTH and digital cable services but still analogue transmission is going on in my place, that is the reason I raised this question

TRAI rules is for DTH and digital cable services but still analogue transmission is going on in my place, that is the reason I raised this question

Analog tnsmission is illigal now in India after digitization, report it to police. They will arrest them. TRAI tariff is only for Digital addressable system which also include HITS along with the two you mentioned above

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock