Tracked Asiasat 7/8 on 90cm dish without mount

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
As I said in the thread created by kathir I was trying to track Asiasat 7/8 105.5 e using 90cm dish which is not having any mount or cannot be adjusted using the nuts and bolts present in the dish. But I was not succeeded this morning on that.

I again tried to do that this evening at 7:30 pm. After an hour of hard work, I got succeeded. But got only 70% signal as maximum.

Yesterday when I was setting up Telstar 18, I was getting 82% signal on 75cm dish which has mounting. But now getting only 70% on 90cm dish.

In this 90 cm dish, while moving, I was getting 79% signal on Asiasat 5 100.5 e.

Asiasat 7/8 (105.5) signal on 75 cm yesterday:
UhRpxny.jpg

Asiasat 5 (100.5) signal today while moving 90 cm dish:
gmCtcZr.jpg

Asiasat 7/8 (105.5) signal and other screens on 90cm dish:
O5GrBI7.jpg

LWhH8Xw.jpg

UHAMA09.jpg

nS4OVOC.jpg

so6LePG.jpg

aWRyo8s.jpg

2uOB3Kn.jpg

WpK1HxD.jpg

Excellent work Sadiq Bro :eek:hya

you are really rocking :eek:hya

Back to Back Victory...:win :clap
Good work bro...:tup

great work Sadiq bro. Congrats.

nice work bro.. :clap

But, I dont think not having a mount, makes a lot of difference.

The dish has to be wind resistant, thats why we need to fix it tightly... otherwise, dish surface might just wobble even wid slightest of winds... if there is no wind, dish reflector wud function normally, even if its not mounted.

shawl_who said:
nice work bro.. :clap

But, I dont think not having a mount, makes a lot of difference.

The dish has to be wind resistant, thats why we need to fix it tightly... otherwise, dish surface might just wobble even wid slightest of winds... if there is no wind, dish reflector wud function normally, even if its not mounted.

You are correct bro.. The reason I am mentioning is because of the effort required to align the dish properly. Without any angles, it was very hard to determine the elevation. Luckily I tuned Asiasat 5 with 79% signal. In an assumption, I lowered down the dish and moved horizontally too. But no luck. So again move back to 100.5 and realign from beginning. Sometimes lost 100.5 signals too.. When I was moving horizontally, the dish automatically moved vertically by some mm that I couldn't recognize. Same happened while moving vertically too. So, it was really tough to align and that is the main reason for mentioning about not having mount. In case of mount, you can freely move in any direction that will not affect other direction (vertical/horizontal)..

Very Hard Work Done @Sadiq Bhai :tup:clap:clap

Hard work Sadiq bro

So how u can fixed this dish permanently to save from wind

M@zh@R said:
Hard work Sadiq bro

So how u can fixed this dish permanently to save from wind

Not going to fix it permanently bro.. It is temporary only as it is not my dish..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock