Tracked Telstar 18@138e again with almost 100% signals on most TPs

M.J.Sadiq said:
Nice bro... Good that you are getting V TPs as well.. For us it is not having coverage :(
Bro,
Where are you located ?
I am on Punjab,Haryana border near Chandigarh.
Try Monoblock LNB like that of Dish TV and also experiment with the LNB skew.

I wish I had open space on Yahsat side but there is a brick wall :(

I live in a society where the sixth floor roof is always locked :(

I am on second floor and my dish is attached to the balcony wall.In front of me is a 5 storey building but luckily it is open on 138e and 128e side.
The point where I get full Dish TV and DD Free Dish Signals has the 5 storey building .Dont know how I am getting the signals.

Despite this building I am getting almost all satellites receivable on a DTH dish between 105e and 88e.Nothing beyond that :(

M.J.Sadiq said:
Nice bro... Good that you are getting V TPs as well.. For us it is not having coverage :(
Bro,
I am also not receiving signals on V TPs including CCTV 4 on V TP although it is showing OK in the scan.
It is same everywhere.
In fact no signal on any channel on 12536 V 41238 TP.I always do blind scan and these numbers are from satellite.
All duplicate channels on 12536 H 41238 TP are working with almost 100% signal.

Is any one still receiving 10850 TP on Laosat@128e ?
There is no use trying if there is no signal ?

Kids TV Bengali with 100% signal :

0bcb754424ce8e00ebc8b3ba087bc92a.jpg

Newb_Dxer said:
Bro,
Where are you located ?
I am on Punjab,Haryana border near Chandigarh.
Try Monoblock LNB like that of Dish TV and also experiment with the LNB skew.

I am from Chennai. We can only receive H TPs and not the V Tps.

Can you list down the TPs you are receiving?

You also said you are getting Duplicate channels. And I can also see you are receiving Kids TV from V TP but I am receiving it from H TP. Actual V TPs may have different channels. It could be because of revers skew which may show H TPs as V TPs. Or am I wrong?

Actual satellite hunting or DXing as we call it in Shortwave Radio hunting of which I was a big fan in my previous years,is one in which we do satellite hunting with the minimum and smallest equipment possible.Sat hunting with huge dishes can be called dish pointing at the most.
So far as C band hunting is concerned I used to hunt C band channels with a 8 foot dish back in my village in Punjab when there were no mobiles or satellite meters or DTH or even internet.
We just had one magazine about satellites which we used to purchase from Bombay !

I am just new to Ku band satellite DXing.

Now we have moved to near Chandigarh where we dont have our own roof otherwise I would have caught many satellites to the west of 88e with this Dish TV DTH antenna.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock