Tracked Telstar 18 at 138e today

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I tracked Telstar 18 at 138e today. It was very tough to find the correct direction. I managed to do it with the help of another satellite tracker (known to many) on call support. First I set ADTV at 108e and moved towards 138. 

Getting 62% on strong TP and 60% on all other TPs with Inverto LNB.

Only H polarization is receivable. All channels are encrypted and only 4 are FTA (not useful).

Some images of dish setup.

fCwg6CC.jpg

yIhSh6K.jpg

XMK6sX6.jpg

NoY66RQ.jpg

BLaoEWO.jpg

BGP0Flj.jpg

Nice effort bro :clap
Pls post some chnl ss as well.

I liked d way u went to d roof, wid all d arrangements, water bottle, torch etc.. :shy

how much does d torch costs? :huh

==============

U can avoid taking all that bulky equipment to d terrace though :p

Here's what I do....

1) U must be having a laptop... with wifi in ur home.
2) must be having a smart phone wid data connection.

3) create 2 skype accounts, install skype on both laptop n mobile, do a video call between d two, by keeping ur laptop in front of d TV, monitoring signals.

so that u can just take ur mobile phn, and watch d signals on ur phone... rather than taking ur stb, ur palmtop, wire extensions... etc to d roof :shy :k

Bhai ma Lahore ma rhta hu my dish 60cm plz help me 138e 116e PR ak Afghani channel ha us k bad kuch nhi atta plz help me

shawl_who said:
Nice effort bro :clap
Pls post some chnl ss as well.

I liked d way u went to d roof, wid all d arrangements, water bottle, torch etc.. :shy

how much does d torch costs? :huh

==============

U can avoid taking all that bulky equipment to d terrace though :p

Here's what I do....

1) U must be having a laptop... with wifi in ur home.
2) must be having a smart phone wid data connection.

3) create 2 skype accounts, install skype on both laptop n mobile, do a video call between d two, by keeping ur laptop in front of d TV, monitoring signals.

so that u can just take ur mobile phn, and watch d signals on ur phone... rather than taking ur stb, ur palmtop, wire extensions... etc to d roof :shy :k

Bro, first of all where do you see water bottle??? :shy

And I already thought of doing Skype call. But you know what? By the time I am going upstairs, my son will shutdown the laptop :shy.

And if I have set top box near dish, I can change TP and verify signals on each TP and fine tune it. In case of multi LNB setup, I can ensure the other LNBs are not misaligned by selecting those sats and verifying signals..

And this is the first time I am doing satellite tracking at night and so the torch. It costed around Rs.1000. I bought it to use as emergency lamp and thought of using it during tracking. Brand name Phillips.

iqbalanwer said:
Bhai ma Lahore ma rhta hu my dish 60cm plz help me 138e 116e PR ak Afghani channel ha us k bad kuch nhi atta plz help me

Bro, I am not sure what exactly you are asking..

Bhai I am live in Lahore my dish saiz is 60cm and I am try 138e but not race plz help me

iqbalanwer said:
Bhai I am live in Lahore my dish saiz is 60cm and I am try 138e but not race plz help me

Bro, even I got it after long time with huge work! Got help from my friend via phone. Idea is simple. Tune ADTV at 108.2 first. Then move the dish towards left by 2 cm to 3 cm by standing in back side of dish. Rotate the LNB clockwise by standing in front of dish for about 2 minutes to 3 minutes (set like 43 minutes). Go back to the dish and push down the dish till end or somewhere before end. You can see my picture showing elevation as 30. But my dish mount is not straight. So, you can assume it as 0 itself (that is complete down). Try with this bro..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock