Breaking TRAI Asks Broadcasters To Publish New ALC & Bouquet By 10/08/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting Discovery network to launch NTO 2.0 tomorrow, as it just needs to do small correction to existing packs.
They have reached Delhi HC against the TRAI direction. 😛

They have reached Delhi HC against the TRAI direction. 😛
[/QUOT
Some reached Delhi high court... Some reached Mumbai High Court.... But ultimately Trai will reach Supreme Court...Trai will win.... A revision will be filed by Broadcasters... This will go on till 2021 😂

Discovery moved Delhi HC on Feb 28 for interim stay which was adjourned to a later date and tagged with old cases against NTO dating back to 2017 which are still pending.....No hearing since then...

Broadcasters should take some learning from airtel who was against NTO and even went to court against it getting implemented but now they r quite happy with it. Broadcasters need to correct their mistakes and focus on good content at affordable price be it standalone or bouquet. Remember still large part of population is dependent on tv for entertainment and they will opt for ch if they like content, forcing chs upon viewers is not true test of performance

Broadcasters should take some learning from airtel who was against NTO and even went to court against it getting implemented but now they r quite happy with it. Broadcasters need to correct their mistakes and focus on good content at affordable price be it standalone or bouquet. Remember still large part of population is dependent on tv for entertainment and they will opt for ch if they like content, forcing chs upon viewers is not true test of performance
earlier Airtel sided Tata Sky against TRAI but when TRAI came all gun blazing they understood they don't have any cover unlike TS (who's has backing of Disney, earlier Star with 30% stake ownership).

Rest of your points are like golden words but rarely broadcaster has practiced or, will practice them. :mad:

Brother pr

Brother problem is broadcasters have launched multiple channels in each genre. The numbers are still increasing. Ten 4 is also in pipeline
Yes, exactly my point (similar case of Star Sports too - they have just reproduced too much ;)) .... If they will have to follow NTO 2.0 all these Rs 19 channels will be made Rs 12 or less. Plus if i like cricket i will opt for one channel only and not all those bunch of joker channels.

So, let them keep adding channel... It will be difficult for tailend channels to survive NTO 2 guidelines... as nobody watches them and pricing them higher would kill it altogether... when they will be Priced lower than it can't be clubbed with thier Top channels... Catch 22 situation for broadcasters !!

NOW let's just hope we see NTO 2 era soon... Amen !! :win:

Last edited:
Tomorrow Judgement?

Few Broadcasters Expecting Judgement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock