Breaking TRAI Asks Broadcasters To Publish New ALC & Bouquet By 10/08/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
They mentioned in the last hearing that they will extend the deadline, they are just complying with the same. Nothing else. :hs:
I know bro.... Just anticipating that it will be in consumer favour...

I'll Not Be Surprised! if All Broadcasters Keep HD Channels In Aa-La-Karte Alone! For A Specific Time!
Heard from my sources that they will keep sports HD/SD ala carte, in other genres can't afford to separate from the bouquets.

Sun will be least impacted, they can just comply with NTO2 with minimal changes in the bouquet structure.

Star will be most impacted (evident from the fact that they have filed 4 different pleas on the same matter), and it will be a tough deal for them to package the channels in the new regime. Given the fact that they are already bleeding due to hefty IPL payouts, they will surely challenge the order further (if the same is against them).

For, Sony, Zee & NW18 I don't see much impact. However they are fighting it more for the fact that pricing control is moving away from their hands, and if they give in this time, if there are any further interventions by TRAI, they will have to adhere it.

All in all I feel even if one of them come up with the revised pricing, all of them will have to come with their revised RIOs. And I feel either Sun or NW18 will be the first ones to release the revised pricings, if the judgement is against the broadcasters.

They must understand that if they reasonably price their channels, then those subscribers who quit watching them due to affordability may come back. Even pace at people are switching to OTT might reduce. Hindi GEC channels, Hindi and English movies channel and Zee cafe at ₹22 is insane pricing

Heard from my sources that they will keep sports HD/SD ala carte, in other genres can't afford to separate from the bouquets.

Sun will be least impacted, they can just comply with NTO2 with minimal changes in the bouquet structure.

Star will be most impacted (evident from the fact that they have filed 4 different pleas on the same matter), and it will be a tough deal for them to package the channels in the new regime. Given the fact that they are already bleeding due to hefty IPL payouts, they will surely challenge the order further (if the same is against them).

For, Sony, Zee & NW18 I don't see much impact. However they are fighting it more for the fact that pricing control is moving away from their hands, and if they give in this time, if there are any further interventions by TRAI, they will have to adhere it.

All in all I feel even if one of them come up with the revised pricing, all of them will have to come with their revised RIOs. And I feel either Sun or NW18 will be the first ones to release the revised pricings, if the judgement is against the broadcasters.

Excellent Analysis Bro!

Let's Hope For The Best!

They are basically giving the broadcasters 1 week to keep the new RIO rates ready so that if the court rules in favour of TRAI they can implement it without wasting time. But then ofcourse the broadcasters can always file the case in supreme court.

Hearing on the matter via video conferencing, the division bench of Justice AA Sayed and Justice Anuja Prabhudessai informed all the parties that the court wants to pronounce a final verdict and not an interim one.

Justice Sayed said that while 95% of hearing was done, if there is anything remaining, all the parties can give written submissions in 10 days and court can hear the case on September 2-3 and 7th-8th for final verdict.

Bombay High Court to hear final arguments in broadcasters vs TRAI case

Hearing on the matter via video conferencing, the division bench of Justice AA Sayed and Justice Anuja Prabhudessai informed all the parties that the court wants to pronounce a final verdict and not an interim one.

Justice Sayed said that while 95% of hearing was done, if there is anything remaining, all the parties can give written submissions in 10 days and court can hear the case on September 2-3 and 7th-8th for final verdict.

Bombay High Court to hear final arguments in broadcasters vs TRAI case
Again delay.... I thing zee was right when it said NTO 2.0 will not be implemented in 2020...

Just buy a OTT device and start streaming donot wait for NTO 2.0.
okay. but those who can pay for unlimited & unreliable broadband already switched after NTO 1.0. OTT streaming platforms are mostly add on, not substitute of linear tv broadcasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock