Breaking TRAI Asks Broadcasters To Publish New ALC & Bouquet By 10/08/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this means, Star just need to increase the pack price to Rs 51 and they are compliant with NTO 2.0?
No benefit of NTO 2.0 to subscribers from pack prices point of view. Also broadcasters will come up with a pricing model for ala carte channels where in subscribers will be forced to subscribe to a bouquet for economic benefit.
Current NTO 1.0 Price of
Star plus & Star Sports 1 Hindi worth Rs19 Each

in NTO 2.0 If they want that Star Plus & Star Sports 1 Hindi also become part of Their Bouquet
so they reduce Their price for their desire channel to Rs 12 or Less

If they changes in their bouquet
so MRP of their bouquet will be Rs 61

and they can offer @ Rs40/ month

MRP of Their Bouquet could not be more than 1.5 times of their offerings

Last edited:
Current NTO 1.0 Price of
Star plus & Star Sports 1 Hindi is Rs19 Each

in NTO 2.0 If they want that Star Plus & Star Sports 1 Hindi also become part of Their Bouquet
so they reduce Their price for their desire channel to Rs 12 or Less

If they changes in their bouquet
so MRP of their bouquet will be Rs 61

and they can offer @ Rs40/ month
Agree. My point is that they will increase the price of other Channels in a way that bouquet price will remain same more or less.

Agree. My point is that they will increase the price of other Channels in a way that bouquet price will remain same more or less.
So Today no deadline for broadcasters?
I believe the court has given time till 31st August for submission for broadcasters. Post that hearing will be done on 2nd, 7th and 8th September. Though I am confused in March we were told that hearing has completed only judgement has to be pronounced.

Subjudice Matter... Broadcasters rigid... Consumers waiting.... Trai to take coercive action only after final judgement that may be of Highcourt or Supreme Court... Wait till 2021...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock