Breaking TRAI Asks Broadcasters To Publish New ALC & Bouquet By 10/08/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping broadcaster will publish the rates in favour of Customers. The below is the Kannada Channels price details..

pzSUSlM.jpg

https://trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/PayChannel31032017.pdf

Absolutely correct. This point was even raised by TRAI in the nto 2.0 document they published on 1st January 2020.
Yes, they specifically shared with court too that how in NTO 1 broadcasters have spiked prices across the board..... also broadcaster's financial results have shown good growth in subscription revenue.

Yes, they specifically shared with court too that how in NTO 1 broadcasters have spiked prices across the board..... also broadcaster's financial results have shown good growth in subscription revenue.

So These Are All The Major Reason

Why Court Didn't Give Stay Order?

One Of The Leading Broadcaster May Go For A Package Which May Not Have All Important SD / HD Channels

They May Split Channels Into 2 Bouquets!
Means sports channels in seperate bouquet and others in seperate bouquet...

One Of The Leading Broadcaster May Go For A Package Which May Not Have All Important SD / HD Channels

They May Split Channels Into 2 Bouquets!
In long run they will pay for adamant behavior when the TRP will plummet. Cost of GEC content should be less than Hindi Movies channels so they can easily keep them at even Rs. 10. I may be wrong over here but just expressing my view. Moreover, if more and more people subscribe to channels it will easily cover their cost. In pre NTO era broadcasters use to get a fixed amount. Now they get exact numbers , no manipulation.

In long run they will pay for adamant behavior when the TRP will plummet. Cost of GEC content should be less than Hindi Movies channels so they can easily keep them at even Rs. 10. I may be wrong over here but just expressing my view. Moreover, if more and more people subscribe to channels it will easily cover their cost. In pre NTO era broadcasters use to get a fixed amount. Now they get exact numbers , no manipulation.
All broadcaster should learn from Mazhavil Manorama HD. It is a GEC channel with quality content and movies with completely dependent on Adv revenue.. FTA

Trai should have bought one more rule, HD channel price cannot be more than twice of SD channel..

Some broadcasters charging Rs. 2/- for SD feed and Rs. 10+ for HD feed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock