TRAI Facilitates DTH Portability - Indian subscriber can change DTH operator

• Thread starter rahul31
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 3,983
RE: subscriber can change DTH operator

Bishnu15 said:
I cant understand much about this thread Sarfaraz bro. Can you please explain a bit more. Is DTH Portability started on India ???????? Little confusing.............

Its same Old news bro ...which was in talks from last 5 years :k
gappa said:
It says should be provide box which have portability. No dth player will provide unless compulsory. This is vety old matter and hanging

TRAI Facilitates DTH Poratbility

Hi Friendz...

Now we need not to continue the same DTH provider if you are not happy with the services.

TRAI now creating a roadmap to facilitate DTH portability.

More details here.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industries/article-trai-facilitates-easy-migration-from-one-service-provider-to-another-751627

Thanks
Sateesh

RE: TRAI Facilitates DTH Poratbility

In this I belive we will be using used one boxes in transit phases

Some alternative would be introduce instead of CAM.

I expect all manufacturer should bring CAM slot enabled TV in India

This will enable to reduce electronic waste of STB and easy of portability among all DTH and digital cable.

Currently Videocon, Philips and LG offer idtv which are locked to Videocon d2h and adtv only

The STB price in the market may come down drastically. We can also choose the STB brand as we like.

Customer friendly suggestions but very harsh rules for DTH operators. Best way is to ask customers to buy open STB's and equipments from market. Just use different smart cards for different operators just like mobile telephony.

Yes...that's a good idea...but alignment of dish also needs to be an issue....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock