Breaking TRAI warns of license cancellation against DPOs who fail to implement new regulatory framework from 1 Feb

• Thread starter mss
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 3,491
It's the fault of customers also. Many are knowingly not giving their choice & many are not aware about all this.
Once DPOs will start discontinuing the channels, all will give their choice in one day.

It's not fault, it's human behaviour. Don't fixed it unless broken. So unless they face discontinuation on TV, nobody bother about wasting time on these petty issue like calling operator when they have much bigger issue in daily life to think about.

BTW now for TS only issue for them is now that they failed to get stay order from any TRAI action from Delhi HC, So after Sony blackout it seems TS users will get total blackout

On Feb 1st New Rule will be applicable doesn't matter if customers selected the options or not.

DTHs will be quick to migrate customers but CableTV will be slow as usual.

If Broadcasters disconnect singnals on regular intervals then customers will be forced to select new packs altogether speedsup the whole process.
Rs 154 is the base price and currently we are paying more than this. So on Feb 1 may pay channels only disconnected.

Rs 154 is the base price and currently we are paying more than this. So on Feb 1 may pay channels only disconnected.
Big Broadcasters will cut off singnals and customers with monthly packs will automatically shifted to Basic Tier Pack of 100 FTA channels at Rs.153 (incl. Taxes)

Things would've moved faster had TRAI penalised TS and SUN for not meeting the 10%, 30% targets.

TRAI chief does not have any intension to go to jail for contempt of court case so no wonder why TRAI did not do that

Well, weren't DPO's supposed to reach 100% of it's subscribers by 21st Jan? That date has already passed. Let's see how many will face blackout from February.

In 1st February one thing happening my monthly budget accounts increases 200 to 300 rs in my current plan

After reading TRAI order, this forum and the present TataSky packs, I understood why they are opposing its implementation.
Presently all DTH operators are giving most of the regional + basic hindi + kids + News channels SD pack at around 200. But most of the people dont opt for it because they watch atleast 1 or 2 sports and 1 or 2 english movies channels also. If subscriber wants to add alacarte 2 sports (Star Sports 1 + Sony TEN 1/3) and 2 movies (HBO + Star Movies), they must pay atleast 140-150 more. So, they think why not take all channels if they are giving at the same price and so take the 300-350 pack given by DTH. They will be forced to take minimum 300-350 Rs packs for SD and also take channels which they anyways dont watch.
Now, with the new TRAI order, they can take the regional + kids + News pack at 200 and add 2 sports channels and 2 movies alacarte and get them at 250-260. So, many channels will lose their revenue, which results in lesser revenue for DPOs as well.
I am 100% convinced now that this new regime will be beneficial to an average 1-TV middle class household that watches limited Television time. (Note: Those who want to have 500 channels might not agree with it though)

I am 100% convinced now that this new regime will be beneficial to an average 1-TV middle class household that watches limited Television time. (Note: Those who want to have 500 channels might not agree with it though)

You are wrong bro, in new regime if you take one regional channels alone let say tamil, you need to pay around 250 which is way higher than old system - varies on dth from 100 - 160 only

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock