Turner to launch HBO HD in April; unveils new look for HBO

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 5,075
kumarvishwas said:
Why would you put a SPOILER (Game of Thrones) as part of your signature? Some of us are waiting to watch season 6 after all the episodes are available and you have spoiled the surprise for us.

razoredge said:
We are bullish on TV, says Rohit Bhandari, Turner International India | The Financial Express | May 3, 2016

Excerpts :

What are the rebranding plans for WB ?

WB for us is purely a library service because HBO has focussed on giving them the latest premieres and some library content. We are currently working on a refresh for WB and it should be ready by mid-May. We are finalising the look because consumers very strongly relate to the WB shield, so we are trying to see what we can do with the shield itself.

What are the plans for HBO HD ? Will it have a premium ad free model or a separate feed ?

Our application is with the I&B Ministry and we are awaiting approvals. Our understanding is that in year one, it has to be a mirror service and it will be ad free in the initial phases, which means there will be a lot more features one will see because we have to fill in those 12 minutes of advertising time.

How do you view the year ahead for your business ?

This year is going to be critical for us from two points of view. One is the launch of HBO HD and second is the rebranding of both the brands. We have also launched a Turner mobile app called 'Rushh' that will service both the channels. We are going to use the app purely for engagement with consumers.
So guys, here comes the official confirmation that HBO HD is still awaiting the approvals from IB Ministry. Anyways, its really surprising that it has been almost six months since they announced to rebrand HBO Hits HD as HBO HD but still they haven't got the approval of IB Ministry for changing its name from HBO Hits HD to HBO HD. I think they should learn from Star India and Viacom 18 group that how to process such things quickly when they are dealing with IB Ministry of India !!

And one more thing, mid-May has already been passed now, but I don't see any changes in WB channel, or may be I haven't noticed yet because I don't watch this channel very much as its not in HD !!

sanjay0864 said:
Why would you put a SPOILER (Game of Thrones) as part of your signature? Some of us are waiting to watch season 6 after all the episodes are available and you have spoiled the surprise for us.

I am sorry that was just in excitement
But the fact is 'a man shouldn't wait to watch the episode as the internet is full of spoilers and a man should get up early on Monday morning and watch GOT' :D:D:lol(Just Joking,I'll remove it)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock