TV channels viewership decline after new TRAI order implementation

Vishnu777

Contributor
Reaction score
Meanwhile more people are watching shows online. It's broadcasters who are to blame. My parents only watches shows from Sony. They air repeats of the shows at odd time. Or skips airing repeats. Hence they end up watching on Sony Liv. Comedy Central speeds up shows. History TV 18 airs random episodes of shows. How can you expect people to watch it? I only watch news and sports on cable. Watching WWE on TV also gives seizure. I don't know what ancient technology Sony Ten 1 and Sony Ten 1 HD uses. It gets stuck in between. There is also one two random black screen in an hour. Sometimes even broadcast gets stuck. Post World Cup we might give up cable.

After IPL WC will start on star network
Currently IPL is holding Star in position.Major part in lose of viewership of Big broadcasters are the removal of FTA channels. But in case of Star the massive viewership of IPL balancing it. ICC WC can't contribute as much ratings of IPL but I agree that time also Star will stay with less injuries.

So now they are tasting bitter taste of fruits :D
Very high NCF and A la Carte will sure going to boomerang on them.
NCF should be ₹50 SD/HD and packs should be made more economical.
Unless DTH/Cable bill remains between ₹200~400 many broadcaster will suffer.

20190413-110855.jpg

This viewership share table for jan to jun in 2018....without ipl star's viewership share is 24-25% which is pretty good....nd last april their share is abt 31% nd this april share is 30% only 1% decline so i think without ipl their share in % will be 22-25%..... other broadcasters are heavily affected specially viacom & sony

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock