TV Tuner Card for recording on Laptop for Tata Sky DTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunandoghosh

Reaction score
V Tuner Card for recording on Laptop for Tata Sky DTH
Hi Friends,
Need serious expert advice.

I currently have D2H Tata Sky ( No Plus No HD).
I would like to record certain programs to my hard disk in laptop for later viewing.
My understanding after reading so many posts is that Tata Sky (or for that matter any Indian D2H service) setup box recorder only allows to record and view via setup box. We cannot transfer the recorded programs in Setup box to laptop and view on laptop.
I want to record on laptop for later viewing.
Few Questions:
1. Which TV tuner card will work my dell laptop and allow me to view and record tata sky D2H programmes?
Requirements
1. Be able to record and play later on on laptop
2. reasonably priced (upto rs 4000 or nearby is max i can speed...the lower price better)
3. Will work with Tata Sky D2H
4. Less complicated setup and let me know if any extra accessories required.
I await your expert and valuable advice as I need to purchase asap due to some urgent requirements. Hence request for your feedback suggestions.
Thank you for your time.

Sorry but I just noticed your thread.

I would suggest you to get a USB MPEG2 Tuner (a tuner with built in hardware MPEG2 encorder) so that it will not use your CPU for encoding.

Let me know the Tuner brands available in your locality so that I can recommend one.

you have bumped a 5 month old thread.... the above member last visited the forum on "11-04-2013 06:52 AM".... think before posting to old threads... :wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock