Vidya Balan’s Kahaani 2 trailer will be out on October 25

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Vidya Balan will be back in Kahaani 2 mould and this time she is not Vidya Bagchi but Durga Rani Singh. A few days back, the first look of the film was released which had Vidya’s face on it with Wanted on top. Titled Kahaani 2 – Durga Rani Singh , director Sujoy Ghosh reunited with powerhouse performer Vidya Balan, yet again for the second installment of the Kahaani franchise, also starring Arjun Rampal. Essaying the role of the 36 year old Durga Rani Singh, Vidya Balan is wanted for kidnapping and murder in this suspense thriller. Produced by Kushal Kantilal Gada, Dhaval Jayantilal Gada, Aksshay Jayantilal Gada and Sujoy Ghosh, Kahaani 2 – Durga Rani Singh is scheduled to release December 2. Now we know when the trailer will be revealed. In a dramatic video, it was revealed that the first promo of the film will be out on October 25.

The video has Vidya looking scared. It’s as if she is running away from someone. She says that she isn’t a murderer and hasn’t killed anyone. But before she could finish her sentence, sirens go ablaze and she runs again. The first look made it clear that Vidya is on a run in the film. The poster has a head shot of Durga Rani Singh played by Vidya Balan. It also goes on to say, “Age 36 year old, complexion – fair and height – 5’4”. Going by the look and the lead character’s name it won’t be a true blue sequel to Kahaani as that starred Vidya Balan as Vidya Bagchi.

It’s interesting how Sujoy Ghosh clubbed two of his projects together for one single film. Durga Rani Singh was supposed to be a different release altogether. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan had even confirmed signing it. She had told DNA, “I am doing three films — Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, the biopic on Sarabjit Singh directed by Omung Kumar and a film with Sujoy Ghosh. I think Sujoy’s films have gone to a later date. He had discussed two subjects with me — The Devotion Of Mr X and Durga Rani Singh. He has narrated both the subjects with me and now I have to figure out which one is there. But I know Durga Rani is on for sure!” But now Kahaani 2 has only ended up as Durga Rani Singh. Reports suggest Sujoy had Durga Rani’s concept ready but wasn’t sure about how to continue with Kahaani 2. Later, when he got the scratch idea of Kahaani 2 ready, he felt both the concepts are pretty similar and apparently decided to club them both. Well, we can only say we are just too happy to see the return of Kahaani 2.

Vidya Balan's Kahaani 2 trailer will be out on October 25 - Bollywoodlife.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock