Vidya's Kahaani declared a hit

iS THAT ME

Reaction score
Vidya's Kahaani declared a hit

After being appreciated for her performance in female-centric Ishqiya, No One Killed Jessica and The Dirty Picture, actress Vidya Balan carries forwards the legacy of hits with Kahaani, which has reportedly collected Rs.2.95 crore on its opening day.

Released Friday, the drama-thriller made at a shoestring budget of Rs.8 crore is receiving positive response from both the critics and audiences.

In director Sujoy Ghosh's film, Vidya is cast as a software programmer. She comes to Kolkata from London in search of her husband, who is the father of her unborn child.

Gautam Dutta, COO, PVR said that the film has superseded their expectation.

"The response we are getting for the film is phenomenal. There are families coming together to watch the movie. And since it is a women-centric film, there are group of females coming to watch the film. We are expecting a 80 percent occupancy all over India on weekend, which is something we did not expect. And the film should be able to do a good business," Dutta said.

" Kahaani is a film that is made for serious and sensible cinegoers. Vidya's performance is being appreciated by audience. The film is not entertaining like The Dirty Picture, that is why it has a niche audience. But it will not only recover its cost but also earn profits," said Delhi based distributor Joginder Mahajan.

If the story and Vidya's charma are attracting audiences, distributor Sanjay Ghai of Mukta Arts Ltd says word of mouth is also helping the film a lot in gaining success.

As no big releases are scheduled for next week, sop Ghai feels absence of biggies at the box office will also help Kahaani in strengthening its position at the ticket window. "Since there is no big release next week, it is expected the movie will earn a good amount of profit," he added.

Read more at: http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?ID=ENTEN20120196449&keyword=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&nid=184859&cp

Wow .. great going vidhya.... good thing is vidhya is now doing movies which suites her.
For me vidhya is minakumari/smitha patil of this era.... :luv

Mystic bhai Viday pe latoo :rofl :rofl :rofl

Bachpan se mummy papa ne sirf ye hi sikhaya , "vidya pe dhyaan do, vidya pe dhyaan do".
Ab hum unko kaise taal sakte hain ?
Sahi kaha na mystic bhai ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

pooja, vidya, aarti, saadna, nistha, bhakti and what not ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

RE: Vidya's Kahaani declared a hit

Well Its definitely is. Storyline was just awesome! Vidya's role was unpredictable from the beginning as "Vidya Bagchi". Also its nice to see scenes from the Kolkata Metro, by which I travel often. lol. xD.

RE: Vidya's Kahaani declared a hit

This movie had been played in all DTH's as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock