Binge+ is a DOWNGRADE

mypermspam

Reaction score
I was so excited to watch IPL in 4k that without doing proper research, I just rushed into my decision and placed the request for upgrading from my HD+ box to Binge+.
Their website very smartly advertises features which at first will appeal to you but these features are LIMITED.
1) No mention of Live TV pause being unavailable on the apparantly "smart" Binge+ box which was available on older boxes
2) Recording shows is also now more difficult with this nEweR box. First they have added a $ubscription Service to record (hilarious). What was the need to change the format from the old HD+ box which was perfect. On top of that, only select channels ALLOW you to record them. How can the sports section, which I assume is one of the sections that people want to record (late night matches, multiple matches at same time) is now UNavailable on this new Binge+ box. NO RECORD SUPPORT FOR SPORTS CHANNELS.
3) 7 days catch up is advertised on their website. When I couldn't record my sports channels I was relieved, because I thought it's common sense that if I cannot record a show, that I would be able to use the 7 days catchup feature and not have to worry about missing a single match. Surprise surprise! This feature is only for entertainment genre. What a joke.
4) UI is worse on the new Binge+ as now the user cannot explore the guide while watching a channel in the background (again, like in the OLD HD+ box). You have to press Home first, then navigate the laggy UI, and then go to the Guide section.
5) Channel #487 is unwatchable. Even after a master reset and good signal test readings. Customer support called to ask about installation and I told them this issue. As usual they give same old troubleshooting that never works.

In order to get the experience for ONE channel (Star 4k), I gave up such amazing features that made life so much easier, and paid 2098/-

This is my review. If someone knows how I can go back to my HD+ box please do tell me. My box is not even a day old yet.

There is no way to downgrade. Only option you have is to sell the box to someone else.

Even for me i took it as a multi tv connection and its a no so useful box for me.
Shocked by this product by Tata Play. How can they call this an upgrade? Adding more subscriptions and reducing important features is NOT an upgrade. Absolutely disappointed.

This box is for ott..people buying must understand but frankly speaking once you turn on wifi, the box lags and hangs .
Ignore their advertisement 🙏😅

I was also using binge+ but switched my hd box to hd+... In today's era,when everyone has smart tv there is no need of binge+ box

This box is for ott..people buying must understand but frankly speaking once you turn on wifi, the box lags and hangs .
Ignore their advertisement 🙏😅

I was also using binge+ but switched my hd box to hd+... In today's era,when everyone has smart tv there is no need

I bought it for the 4K Star channel, and expected the same features (if not more). Ended up getting lesser features. Feel like I got scammed.

There is no need of hybrid boxes by dth op. since almost all tv are smart TV. So you have to keep satellite and internet separate.

There is no need of hybrid boxes by dth op. since almost all tv are smart TV. So you have to keep satellite and internet separate.

These companies like to advertise their products more than actually improve them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock