Vijay's Puli joins 100+ crores club

• Thread starter people
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 405
  • Views: Views 39,490
RE: Vijay's 58

Sudeep signs Tamil film for Rs 6 crore - Banglore Mirror!

Sudeep has signed a Tamil film on Monday in which he will be acting alongside Tamil star Vijay. His remuneration for the film is Rs 6 crore, which not only makes him the highest paid Kannada actor in any language including Kannada, but also the highest paid south Indian actor in a language other than his own.

Sources said Sudeep will play a "parallel" character to that of Vijay in the as-yet-unnamed film, where Deepika Padukone plays a key role. The film is to be directed by Simbudevan and produced by Selvakumar and Shibu. This is Sudeep's first direct foray in Tamil after the huge success of the Telugu-Tamil Eega-Naani earlier. Sources said that it is an action-adventure film that will have one of the biggest budgets in Tamil industry.

Simbudevan (also known as Chimbu Devan) has directed popular Tamil films like Imsai Arasan 23rd Pulikesi and Arai En 305-il Kadavul. All his four films have been in the fantasy genre and the new film is also expected to be on those lines, sources said. The unofficial title of the film is said to be Vijay 58.

Sudeep said, "It belongs to the adventure-fantasy genre. It's a very well-crafted script and the first of its kind for me. Naan Ee got me a respectable position two years back, but I still stuck to films here in Sandalwood. So it has nothing to do with highs and lows. It's about a script and character that can be exciting. My next after Maanikya is starting in September. So I am very much here still."

MpNNBjC.jpg

Vijay’s next film with Chimbudevan has created a lot of buzz with big names like Sridevi being roped in for the film. While Sandalwood actor Sudeep, who was last seen in Naan Ee in Tamil, did give us a hint that he might to this film, now, the actor confirms that he’s very much part of the project. Owing to his popularity in the industry post Naan Ee, Sudeep, we hear, took a long time to finalize this film. “I got a lot of offers after Naan Ee, but since I had an expectation to meet, I didn’t want to hurry up on my next film. Chimbudevan approached me with the script about two months back. However, I was held up with my Kannada project. But what really impressed me with this team is that they waited for me and didn’t look for someone else, which shows that they had me in mind for the role,” says an excited Sudeep.
The buzz is that it will be an adventure fantasy film. “It is not a period or historical film… but a fantasy film, which is a new genre for all of us in the team. Every subject has a bright and a grey shade. One reason why I agreed to do this project is that Chimbudevan didn’t approach me looking for a villain. He’s done a good job with the
characterization,” says Sudeep.
Talking about sharing screen space with Vijay, he says, “Vijay and I have met a couple of times at social dos. Considering we both are silent, it was quite a task to interact with each other (laughs). For an actor of his stature having another actor of equal stature from another industry is a big deal. A lot of people, including Sridevi have been roped in. I am very excited to work with him and looking forward for the project to take off.” The team, we hear, will begin shooting from September as they team need to work on CG now.

py11ekB.jpg

an important technician has been confirmed in 'Vijay 58' which is art director T. Muthuraj who is a regular with Shankar’s films like Nanban and Ai to his credit.

The movie will be a guaranteed success for Vijay and the biggest flick of 2015"

About the shooting updates, the birdie said that the shoot was going on continuously at a brisk clip for the past one week. The schedule has involved the shoot of a song followed by scenes featuring Vijay, Sridevi, Hansika and Sudeep. It is to be noted that Shruti Haasan is joining the schedule today. Despite the rains, the team is carrying on with their business unabated.
Given the huge star cast, three people are working on the make-up department of 'Vijay 58'.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock