Vishwaroopam Ban - Follow latest Updates here

RE: Vishwaroopam ban - Kamal Hassan to move Supreme Court

praveenpersonel said:
Mmadhankumar Please provide Puthiyathalaimurai channel kamal press video as i dont watch that ***** Sun News........:wall

Sun news not edited anything in this video... Only logo is there :angry

praveenpersonel said:
Mmadhankumar Please provide Puthiyathalaimurai channel kamal press video as i dont watch that ***** Sun News........:wall
i dont watch PT, pls search it yourself :tup

sasitnj said:

what edit you wanted bro :huh:huh:huh

mmadhankumar said:
praveenpersonel said:
i dont watch PT, pls search it yourself :tup

sasitnj said:

what edit you wanted bro :huh:huh:huh
This is not for you bro... this is for Praveen. both channels are telecast same kamal speach know:D

sasitnj said:
This is not for you bro... this is for Praveen. both channels are telecast same kamal speach know:D

ohhhh :shy:shy:shy yeah all channels show the same video only, because its the official press meet and every channel can only show the same thing ;););)

mmadhankumar said:
:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya Central Govt. supports Kamalhassan :eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya

The Centre today came out in support of film star Kamal Haasan, who is facing problems in releasing his mega budget film Vishwaroopam', saying everyone in the country enjoys the freedom of expression and artists have full liberty to continue their choice of work.

"We are a free society. There is freedom of expression. There is liberty for artists. We have a Constitution," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters in New Delhi.

He was reacting to a question on the actor's statement that Tamil Nadu does not want him to stay in the state and that he might leave.

Asked about the problems being faced in the release of 'Vishwaroopam, Shinde said there was some problem in some states and he would look into it. "We will see. We will enquire into what has happened," he said.

Upset over the hurdles caused by the ban on the release of the film, an emotional Haasan today said Tamil Nadu does not want him to stay in the state and he might seek a "secular" place in the country or overseas.

Source: firstpost

I wish the issue goes to SC and they give permission and the movie runs with central forces for protection, state govt and state police wont do any good as usual.

Centre questions Tamil Nadu government over ban on Kamal Haasan film :angry

The central government has expressed displeasure with the Tamil Nadu government's decision to ban Kamal Haasan's Vishwaroopam, saying that state governments should implement the decision of the censor board.

Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said, "I think the time has come to re-examine as to how states can be made to implement decisions which fall exclusively in the purview of the central government under the constitutional scheme of things. In terms of entry 60 of list one, it is the central government which exercises power through Central Board of Film Certification which does certify as to which film is appropriate for exhibition and which is not."

He said once the film certification board arrives at a particular conclusion, it is incumbent upon state governments to implement that decision and added the Supreme Court in the Prakash Jha matter had taken this view.

He declined however to specifically comment on Vishwaroopam, saying that the matter was before the Madras High Court and it would not be appropriate.

Jayalalithaa breaks it down in numbers, says state didn't have enough police

"There are regular duties of the police...Assuming we had permitted the release of the film in 524 theatres the available police force to provide protection is around 9000. Is this adequate? It is not," the Chief Minister said.

The manpower required for 524 theatres was around 31,000 police personnel, she said.

"In sensitive areas at least 10 pickets would have been needed," she said.

We would have needed 56,000 police personnel for the guarding of theatres, Jayalalithaa said.

"I would like you to understand what is the meaning of maintaining law and order. It doesn't mean allowing a situation to turn violent and then stepping in to restore peace," she said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salman Khan asked his fans today to support Kamal Haasan and watch his movie Vishwaroopam.

The actor wrote on twitter, “...Go stand out side the cinema hall and insist on seeing the film, its a movie dude, entertainment, what law and order problem on a movie? Go there insist that you wanna see it, there is a supreme court judgement after the film is censored no body can stop it.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya And some Good news for Kamal fans and Movie Lovers. Central Govt. planning to make make changes in the Cinematograph Act to control state govts. from banning a film. :eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya

Manish Tewari says he will form a panel to look into changes in the Cinematograph Act

The Information and Broadcasting Minister said that if states are to raise concerns about films cleared by the Censor Board then there was perhaps a need to re-visit the Cinematograph Act.

"There are certain issues that have come up as a result of decisions taken by state governments. I have suggested to the secretary (I&B) to go into it in a holistic manner," Tewari said.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock