Seeking Help WB movie channel india

Many think Disney doesn't care about Independent movies but the fact is they had produced most of the independent movies. They own Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures. They owned Miramax which produced many classics for 17 years. Now due to fox acquisition, now they are again in the mix with Searchlight Pictures.
I am aware about these independent studios. Do you really think they will start a channel catering audience of Independent movies?

I am aware about these independent studios. Do you really think they will start a channel catering audience of Independent movies?

I think Star Movies Select is mainly for this only! They play all kinds of movies. And generally they are all good OTT content IMO, many Independent movies doesn't appeal to larger audience which will result in low advertising revenue. So no company will start a separate channel I guess.

Does Disney sound like a company interested in International and Independent movies?

Why not? Remember they bought Fox to enlarge its footprint and that includes entering new avenues. I will not b surprised if such a ch is launched not now but in next 2 to 3 yrs

WB is library channel for Warner Media, it basically airs all types of old n new stuff from Warner Bros & affiliates library.... HBO is channel for airing mostly new popular films which usually r action , horror, comedy films. This is diff

Lumiere Movies was ch started for world cinema by NDTV, later acquired by Turner and eventually shut down. Hope such chs back and so do chs for classic hollywood films... MGM still has licence valid maybe they will b back but TCM won't b back for sure. Disney can try bringing back ch like UTV World Movies
Will MGM come back in india?MGM is rebranded as AMC.right?

Let's see, maybe after NTO and Covid issue gets sorted. Lot easy for carriage chs now than in analog era to run a ch here, this is why BBC again expanding and others too will join
I am expecting a good hollywood movie channel lanunch in india from any of these brands

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock