“We are in the business of trading in content, not transponders”

Re: RE: “We are in the business of trading in content, not transponders”

NinadG said:
As per Harit Nagpal, TS wont be adding carriage based channels which other DTH are adding. So the viewers who are mostly interested in FTA regional channels will be affected. This will affect total channel addition on TS & may also affect regional TS subscription.

U are diverting his statement in a different direction. He said TS will not add channels only because of money as carriage fee which means only popular channels will be added instead of channels having lower TAM ratings. I think it's the TS policy from starting and most of us will agree with him. So if regional channels has popularity then it will definitely be on TS.

dipayan said:
U are diverting his statement in a different direction. He said TS will not add channels only because of money as carriage fee which means only popular channels will be added instead of channels having lower TAM ratings. I think it's the TS policy from starting and most of us will agree with him. So if regional channels has popularity then it will definitely be on TS.

Correct Said :clap bro now Channels Like SUN TV HD And Gemini TV HD Are Popular So Tata Sky Added it On Time :k

dipayan said:

I am talking in larger terms WRT Harit Nagpal's statement that there is no shortage of channels that consumers want. So it applies mostly to regional viewer who want max regional channels which TS is not adding as per their policy. Its obvious that TS will have to add popular channels.

NinadG said:
I am talking in larger terms WRT Harit Nagpal's statement that there is no shortage of channels that consumers want. So it applies mostly to regional viewer who want max regional channels which TS is not adding as per their policy. Its obvious that TS will have to add popular channels.

For those customers who want most number of regional channels will not go for DTH as at anytime cable will provide more regional channels.

I Think Mr Nagpal Wants To Said That Un Popular Channels Don't Add Means Channels Like R-Vision,Oscar Movies,Dhammal,And Many More Which Is Super Crap But In Tata Sky We Get Less Crap Channels Like Rishtey,Z Action,Z Anmol,News Express And Some More

Rushil.D said:
I Think Mr Nagpal Wants To Said That Un Popular Channels Don't Add Means Channels Like R-Vision,Oscar Movies,Dhammal,And Many More Which Is Super Crap But In Tata Sky We Get Less Crap Channels Like Rishtey,Z Action,Z Anmol,News Express And Some More

But broadcaster will keep grouping these lower Tam channels with popular one. So sometime u have to carry these to get popular one

dipayan said:
But broadcaster will keep grouping these lower Tam channels with popular one. So sometime u have to carry these to get popular one

Yes But it Is Only Apply When The Channel Is Connected To A Big broadcaster Like Viacom 18,Zee Etc

As TS model of business is mostly ARPU driven, it will affect TS more in terms of ARPU in long term if its not adding carriage based channels. If TS has already got new TPs on Gsat10 then they should consider adding carriage fee based channels to increase ARPU.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock