Discussion What's stopping Cartoon Network and Pogo from airing old cartoons?

Lets remove Adult word ,only india it means weird I mean in film certification etc from that point of view .
it might seem like that it is dying but opposite of that is happening. its 16+ , action /thriller/sci-fi/slice of life , romcom , anime is increasing its viewers slowly among teens indirectly through OTT platforms and social media -fb , instagram , youtube channel thanks to Netflix India which regularly posts about anime in their YouTube channel and their social media handle. thanks to it many of them got to know about Death Note /Demon Slayer.

they are learning about it through their online peers , who motivate them to watch its increasing but slowly. sadly they hide their anime fandom as most people call it cartoons for kids. so they view it in private. AOT s4 was trending in India in twitter. its increasing albeit slowly. Anime events happens yearly at least once, this year it would be online.

Adult anime channel time being cant expect . thanks to meaning Adult word related to certification film gets i remembered AdultSwim segment which CN airs in midnight in USA . which i can surely tell CN India wont even dare/try to launch segment named Adult in CN in kids segment in India- where in US they air mature animation with min or no censor and action anime. they could have launched Toonami name.

only adult show with censor allow in Indian channel seem to be crime shows or in reality show showing cringe contests or playing awful songs.
any blood scene in anime/kids anime were censored they even stopped airing Shinchan in 2008 earlier when they used to air with very less censor. then parents complained children are imitating or it might have bad impact on children ( only reason was shinchan use to call his mom by calling her name mitsi , & his pranks etc) so they manage to ban it through mib. thankfully hungama tv & several kids requested they tried hard and maage to get it unban on the condition they should censor most of inappropriate scenes . after ban was removed after appeal they started airing shinchan with over censored or edited scenes from 2009 April approx.

Shinchan though earlier was made to cater to adult family members . shinchan anime makers were astonished to find its growing appeal towards small children and family. after that they started making it more family friendly and reducing inappropriate scenes. they added family atics and and his small baby sis himawari antics childishness etc . now recent eps are more family friendly. kochikame they stopped airing entirely.

even if somebody ends up launching anime channel it need to censor some more intense action scene showing blood or launch as a hd channel in teen niche category with english , hindi & tamil audio. they should not launch it in kids channel segment otherwise somebody will again appeal and even that newly created anime channel woud be forced to rebrand like discovery kids .

CN - wont air anime as in US and most part they air their old toons and nick similar their head . im not sure feels they dont even care. they didnt even support SWAT KATs revolution sequel series of popular action .

CN India earlier in 2004 -2010 , only reason it used to air some anime series was because to compete against Animax and hungama tv and even nick . as Animax became less available in dth other channels atarted getting more lead in dth and animax was only present in cable at that time they tried to experiment with less acquired content . Even Animax used to censor some inappropriate scenes as it also airs in malaysia and singapore. in recent few year back if i remember. before that also show warning.

At present most channel wont take any risk , only hope is on foreign media channel to launch Anime channel in India which airs both kids anime & teen anime 13/16+ . niche teen anime fans are happy to watch anime online / otherwise they wont b able to watch along with their families unless otherwise they end up having their own tv in their room. even if they manage to have tv/pc - tv tuner card . most would be busy due to studies. online.

Yep Animax Asia shows warning before all animes that it's 13+,18+ etc mature content for suitable viewers only.

QiP0aP9.jpg

weLg8TF.png

not only cartoon network but even Disney ... i feel since now Disney has strong presence in India after taking over star they can launch Disney classic cartoon channel with shows like tales spin, mickey mouse, Donald duck shows, winne the pooh etc...m sure channel will be popular among kids as well as adults

not only cartoon network but even Disney ... i feel since now Disney has strong presence in India after taking over star they can launch Disney classic cartoon channel with shows like tales spin, mickey mouse, Donald duck shows, winne the pooh etc...m sure channel will be popular among kids as well as adults
Some of the shows airs on Disney Jr.

it feels as if they read our forum or finally listened to the Indian cartoon network fans comments although only 1 show they ae going to re-air on sundays

Source

From tomorrow sunday at 12:15 every sunday as ben 10 block buster specials they'll air ben 10 movies on Cartoon Network India startig this sunday from 12:15 pm (afternoon)

Hope they start airing other shows as well on weekends at least and for some time in weekdays

though page name is Cartoon Network Asia - fb page name
if you vidsit under it'll mention@Cartoon Network India

i dont understand why they didnt activate thier twitter account. its inactive last was posted on 2010 december

Last edited:
I am seriously depressed and frustrated. We had so much good content from good animation Tom & Jerry, Bob The Builder, The Flinstones, Scooby Doo, Postman Pat, Camp Lazlo, Make Way for Noddy, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog etc. to reality shows like F.A.Q. , MAD and Takeshis Castle.

I don't know how much billions these shows cost that networks can't afford and just won't bring it back. Image how ridiculous it is that garbage saas bahu serials gets so many reruns. But not our favourite cartoons.

Can anyone tell me why aren't these shows coming again?

Yes I understand you sir, I am not powerful enough to air that CD-s again. Aise hi, not for TRP, Advertisement Childrens fmcg brands will give automatically. Why are there only limited Cartoon Channels, there should be more and more competition in showing Best Cartoons as well as channels who Air only Old Cartoons also. Please Reply if you think I am Writing a Right Blog.

I am seriously depressed and frustrated. We had so much good content from good animation Tom & Jerry, Bob The Builder, The Flinstones, Scooby Doo, Postman Pat, Camp Lazlo, Make Way for Noddy, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog etc. to reality shows like F.A.Q. , MAD and Takeshis Castle.

I don't know how much billions these shows cost that networks can't afford and just won't bring it back. Image how ridiculous it is that garbage saas bahu serials gets so many reruns. But not our favourite cartoons.

Can anyone tell me why aren't these shows coming again?
I also remember that, plus i remember justice league, richie rich, backyard science, art attack, oswald,pokemon,etc. I think some rich man wants everyone to be depressed and make new children slaves bymaking them rotto educated and just workers, and p**n pujarais and pubg people and give them stress by giving only hard with no fun only stress, what's already happened in usa already. Why? Because creative men and women wants to die without teaching and not giving a seed for samaj and others. Where's Krishna God, Karmayogi thing, Creativity comes after calmness not after stress and anxiety and anger.

It just a matter of Best Government Order to Bring this Cartoons Back. Advertising companies will give ads on channel and make the channel alive constantly even if there's less TRP. If i was government I would sponser atleast this. I am From Mumbai City, India. We have very Good Government Now, Which Modi Sarkar similar to Trump Sarkar or Putin Sarkar or Xi Kingping Sarkar xingping. Fast Movers should take care of childrens atleast. Unity is Best. for Childrens lets Work Children's Way First. Then, India First, AMerica First, China First and Then Russia First.

Please someone reply, I am also very very very very very frustrated..... :). I WANT ANSWER SOMEONE. PLEASE REPLY.....
22-12-2021 15:38 PM.

Regards,
d5 (From Mumbai City)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock