Which is a better option: splitter or DUAL port LNB ?

shawl_who said:
using dual port... u need to 2 cable wired...but signals will be fine in both.

using splitter... 1 wire, but signal reduces drastically. :k

so unless it isnt dth signals, dont go for splitters :no
bcoz other satellite signals arent that powerful, and u may loose few tps.. using a splitter.

this Splitter word always makes me confusing... So i am using the old word PD=Power devider..
AFAIK Dual Port/Quad Port LNB have builtin PD.. in MBLNB 2 way Diseqc .. there is not much signal loss by using "All Pass PD" ..specially in 2 way... if we use 4way PD then sure signal loss.. i have used both but in 1980's i was using PD and 0/12 switch for getting signals from 24 C band LNB in Single 12ft C Band Dish.. at that time we doesnt have 8X1 or 10x1 Diseqc and FTA Recievers too not having that option in settings.. instead those had 0/12 options...If/only if the signal level is so low then it might efffect ..
On the other hand the Tatasky Technician say the ☻6 If they use Splitters then Vertical signals wouldnyt come .. personally didnt check...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.Bhat said:
this Splitter word always makes me confusing... So i am using the old word PD=Power devider..
AFAIK Dual Port/Quad Port LNB have builtin PD.. in MBLNB 2 way Diseqc .. there is not much signal loss by using "All Pass PD" ..specially in 2 way... if we use 4way PD then sure signal loss.. i have used both but in 1980's i was using PD and 0/12 switch for getting signals from 24 C band LNB in Single 12ft C Band Dish.. at that time we doesnt have 8X1 or 10x1 Diseqc and FTA Recievers too not having that option in settings.. instead those had 0/12 options...If/only if the signal level is so low then it might efffect ..
On the other hand the Tatasky Technician say the ☻6 If they use Splitters then Vertical signals wouldnyt come .. personally didnt check...

Thanks for the info.

Actually I am thinking of buying a Quad Port LNB as it may come handy in future.

By the way if we use only 2 ports of "Quad Port LNB" will the signal loss be same on both ports as if we are using a Dual port LNB or it will be more ?

Can any one inform why Dual and Quad LNBs do not work with Dish TV HD signals ?
I have Dish TV connections only.

Newb_Dxer said:
Can any one inform why Dual and Quad LNBs do not work with Dish TV HD signals ?
I have Dish TV connections only.

Dish TV uses Asiasat 5 so you need to receive Signal from both AS 5 & NSS6/Gsat 15, that would be possible in one dish only using Monobloc LNB.. If that is what you mean.

Bapun Raz said:
Dish TV uses Asiasat 5 so you need to receive Signal from both AS 5 & NSS6/Gsat 15, that would be possible in one dish only using Monobloc LNB.. If that is what you mean.

Yes,even I was thinking the same.
I mentioned this also to the seller that I wanted the Quad LNB for NSS 6 only but I did not receive any clear answer.
I think Asiasat5 is transmitting English HD channels mainly whereas NSS6 also has some HD channels mostly Hindi ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock