Which is better: DTH or cable TV

DTH or CABLE : which is better ?

• DTH

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • CABLE

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
iS THAT ME said:
Its digital, MSO's can hold minimum 500 channels, which is way above any DTH operator........
This makes cable tv (digital version) ahead of DTH.
All DTH operators are now a days facing space problem even with 200-300 channels.
this is not the case with digital cable.
Otherwise both are having almost equal quality & support.

One thing to remember, Digital TV vs DTH may give benefit to customer in terms of lower rates & good quality with support.
Waiting for this competition... :eek:hya

Yup, this competition will surely help to add the viewing experience....

Thanks mystic bro for your post :)

mystic said:
iS THAT ME said:
Its digital, MSO's can hold minimum 500 channels, which is way above any DTH operator........
This makes cable tv (digital version) ahead of DTH.
All DTH operators are now a days facing space problem even with 200-300 channels.
this is not the case with digital cable.
Otherwise both are having almost equal quality & support.

One thing to remember, Digital TV vs DTH may give benefit to customer in terms of lower rates & good quality with support.
Waiting for this competition... :eek:hya

Valid point have raised by Mystic bro about the space issue of DTH

Well my vote goes to digital cable as it can carry more number of channels around 500-700. Channels count can even go as high as 1000. But DTH cannot provide that much channel due to TP space. As in digital cable if all analoge channels are vacated and thier frequencies are used foe digital cable then they can provide upto 1000 channels including HD channels all in very good quality.

anishpai said:
Well my vote goes to digital cable as it can carry more number of channels around 500-700. Channels count can even go as high as 1000. But DTH cannot provide that much channel due to TP space. As in digital cable if all analoge channels are vacated and thier frequencies are used foe digital cable then they can provide upto 1000 channels including HD channels all in very good quality.
Well, I dont think its gonna happen anytime soon !

My vote to Digital cable.

Reasons:

1) MSO's have to show minimum 500 channels (By 31st Dec,2012). My cable operator (In Digital), Delhi already showing 325 channels + 20 odd Radio channels. Since, It's quite easy to increase the number of channel. Therefore, Total no. of channels would increase to 800-1,000 in a year or two. In fact, Almost all channels which i watch already available. DTH will fail in no. of channel.

2) Picture and sound quality are superb and par with DTH if not better. Multiple Language options, EPG, Easy to use, Fast zapping (channel changing), 5-7 Local exclusive channels movies/music with very less advertisement makes Digital cable attractive.

3) No weather/rain issue nor customer care. My Cable operator office is just 1 km away from my home. Even if there will be some problem, It will be all done within few hours or max 1 day. I faced no problem in last 3 months.

4) Price : In Digital, The All-in-One package with 500 odd channels would cost around 300-350 Rs whereas DTH will charge more with less no. of channels. As of now, In Digital charging Rs. 150 for 325 channels and it might increase to 300 odd rs from 1st July. STbox cost me 600 Rs. Also, I can cancel my connection and i will get refund of STbox (15% depreciation per annum). Even HD set-box would be less than DTH. (2,000-3,000) with refundable option as per rule. Hathway is charging 6,666 but that includes 1 year subscription of All channels including HD. SetBox price is not more than 3,000 and it's expected to come down even more in time to come.

5) HD : DTH had advantage but not any more. Hathway, Seven Cable and many already started their HD service and providing more HD channels than DTH. In Digital HD service also started in Mumbai and from 1st July, they are starting in Delhi too. I am quite sure, No. of HD channels would be more than any DTH service provider within 3 month after starting.

DTH is going to face the music soon. It's going to face very tough competition from Digital cable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock