Discussion Why do you think there is only 1 HD Music Channel in India ?

I Think vh1 hd also Present in India, but it's English music channel.

Looking at HD hindi music channel, till now 9x hasn't launched any Had music channel,
Sony ROX & M Tunes HD also dropped.

Mtv Beats HD not available in D2h & ADTV.

If Channels of this category was successful then, there may 4 Channels.

MTunes HD
Mtv Beats HD
Sony Rox HD
9xm HD

Recently Channel V, Sony Mix & Sangeet Marathi and one other (not remember name) dropped,
So Some unusual changes happening in Music Broadcasting Right & Licensing,
Maybe online streaming sites & apps main reason for this.

Most subscribed youtube channel of India is a Music channel.
Youtube is completely different than a sattelite Music channel. in youtube we can watch any content when ever we want and what ever we want. It is not possible with any channel. By the way I have give the satament besed on the current trend. Most of the channels are shut down and there is no news of any new Music channels.

Sony Mix, despite being in top 5 always and being part of a network that's one of the highly profitable ones, had to face the fate of axing; so I'm just thinking about the plight of music channels from smaller network for survival.

Youtube is completely different than a sattelite Music channel. in youtube we can watch any content when ever we want and what ever we want. It is not possible with any channel. By the way I have give the satament besed on the current trend. Most of the channels are shut down and there is no news of any new Music channels.
I was talking about popularity not choice.

Also, Zoom HD (Times, a big national network) and Mastii HD and B4U Music HD (unlikely as they are FTA networks). Otherwise Showbox can launch HD.
Even i missed UTV Stars HD the first one (upscaled*)

The issue with music channels is the revenue from advertising is limited. By making it FTA the entire carriage fees has to be provided by the broadcaster to the DPO . By making it paid like Sony Rox HD ( Dishtv and D2h never added it ) MTV beats HD( Airtel not adding it inspite of being less than 1 Rs) some examples I can recall Also they cannot push it with number of subscribers after TRAI rule came. Thats the reason they are missing now the latest being Ilove and 9X channels struggling. All the other FTA like Music India missing on operators . Other genres like PPlus and Ptunes shut down.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock