Discussion Why does this rainbow with a striped circle shows before programmes/advertisements???

In "I" movie, the striped circle zooms in but it's slightly transparent but later, it zooms the whole graphic and the striped circle becomes opaque (black). It still confuses me! Maybe it's designed for the viewer to see the black striped circle. Ahhhh! I'm confused!
a94t8va.jpg
I5EC9oJ.jpg
9wIXcIO.jpg
qPFv2Hw.jpg

About the picture of the circle closing, you see that the stripes are black and it's very glitchy (the colours are solid, not blurred like a rainbow). I used to notice that the graphics is sometimes, glitchy.

Last edited:
I think this now outdated concept. Now all channels having their own graphics that's why this is not in use. Atleast now days I never seen this types on rainbows on any marathi channel, what's in other language channels i don't know.
Yeah, just like DD Port Blair. When they take a break, they sometimes show different graphics but it did not ditch the nostalgic rainbow graphic. It will still show the rainbow graphic.

Atleast now days I never seen this types on rainbows on any marathi channel, what's in other language channels i don't know.
DD Sahyadri used to show this but now, it doesn't show anymore.

Here is what it shows on different TV Channels:-

DD Assam (formerly DD Guwahati/North East):-
hEFXq6G.jpg

Sun TV Network (Except Udaya TV Channels)/Sri Lankan TV Channels:-
NESeTR3.jpg

DD Bihar/DD Bangla/DD Meghalaya (formerly DD Shillong; low colour saturation)/DD Sahyadri (low colour saturation)/Sun News/Kalaignar TV Network/Udaya TV Channels:-
RG9cldl.jpg

DD Bangla (present):-
v6nR48i.jpg

Vendhar TV:-
kEcluhJ.jpg

Sun TV Network/Sri Lankan TV Channels (present):-
bTphx2b.jpg

Btw, Vendhar TV's striped circle looks bigger and scarier than you think! 😂

DD Sahyadri used to show this but now, it doesn't show anymore.

Here is what it shows on different TV Channels:-

DD Assam (formerly DD Guwahati/North East):-
hEFXq6G.jpg

DD Bangla (sometimes; colour hues are slightly shifted)/Sun TV Network (Except Udaya TV Channels)/Sri Lankan TV Channels:-
NESeTR3.jpg

DD Bihar/DD Bangla (colour hues are slightly shifted)/DD Meghalaya (formerly DD Shillong; low colour saturation; freezes/static)/DD Sahyadri (low colour saturation)/DD Port Blair (Zoomed in)/Sun TV Network (before/long time ago)/Sun News (sometimes)/Kalaignar TV Network (colour hues are slightly shifted)/Udaya TV Channels:-
RG9cldl.jpg

DD Bangla (present):-
v6nR48i.jpg

Vendhar TV/QTV Tamil (zoomed in):-
kEcluhJ.jpg

Sun TV Network/Sri Lankan TV Channels (present):-
bTphx2b.jpg
Btw, Vendhar TV's striped circle looks bigger and scarier than you think! 😂
Updated:- More pictures of the rainbow graphic:-

UTV Tamil (you can barely see green):-
5KYdQxf.jpg

Vasantham TV (same as the graphic of Sun TV Network but the lines of the striped circle are thin and it does not circle out to black)/Maatram TV (freezes/static):-
nMIHjaw.jpg

SS TV (same as the present graphic of Sun TV Network but it does not circle out to black):-
w3k07gk.jpg

Doordarshan's 1980s and 1990s graphics:-
KoMUkQq.jpg

"I" Movie:-
DArJmhs.jpg

Another variation of the 1980s and 1990s graphics (it's unknown whether it belongs to Cred or Doordarshan):-
sOMQCOG.jpg

Last edited:
*Slightly off-topic*:- Ugh! I hate when the discussion dies out (when no one is talking about it)! It's a discussion so they should continue talking about it! It feels like no one is finding it interesting!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock